Good luthier in the Northeast for mods?

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
Is this kind of crazy? Yes. Let's just establish that as a given..

I'd like to modify my '06 CE 22 with a recessed Floyd trem. Though the best option would be the PTC, that's a bigger investment than I'd like to make for this particular guitar. But I still would like it done well. You know, a nice tight route joint around the trem, no paint chipping (it's that finicky DuPont car paint series, Blazing Copper).

Are there any guitar shops in the the Northeast (preferably the CT/NY/NJ area) that would do a quality job with this kind of work?

I’ve taken all my guitars to 30th Street Guitars (Matt Brewster) in NYC (the shop is actually on W 27th St now). He does great work and is fairly priced. He did a refret on my 73 Les Paul Deluxe, and has set up all of my PRSi.

I’ve taken all my guitars to 30th Street Guitars (Matt Brewster) in NYC (the shop is actually on W 27th St now). He does great work and is fairly priced. He did a refret on my 73 Les Paul Deluxe, and has set up all of my PRSi.
I was wondering about them. Might be worth the train ride into the city to check them out.

Is this kind of crazy? Yes. Let's just establish that as a given..

I'd like to modify my '06 CE 22 with a recessed Floyd trem. Though the best option would be the PTC, that's a bigger investment than I'd like to make for this particular guitar. But I still would like it done well. You know, a nice tight route joint around the trem, no paint chipping (it's that finicky DuPont car paint series, Blazing Copper).

Are there any guitar shops in the the Northeast (preferably the CT/NY/NJ area) that would do a quality job with this kind of work?
I don't know about NJ..but if you can go as far as the greater Philadelphia area, my guy has his own line of custom guitars (electric and acoustic) and works them all from scratch. Has helped me with several of my guitars. I will link you to him in this post.

https://www.jguitars.net/

https://www.facebook.com/JGuitars49/

If you mention me, he will know who I am since I tattooed half of one of his sleeves on him and he takes care of all of my , and my daughter's guitars. (I also own one of his early custom builds).

I'm in NJ. Let me know if you find someone and if they actually do a good job.

Back