Gone to the Graveyard, 594 that is---

Thanks for that.

Paul's a marketing genius but what is he actually saying here... did they desecrate a graveyard just to make a few guitars?

What I like most about it is the curly mahogany and the way it all comes together... and that it's a 594 :)

I don't think they did anything to the graveyard. They refer to it however because the stones from the 1880's indicate the age of the trees/wood in the surrounding area. They were supposed to be planted around the same time the graveyard was established. Before I pulled the trigger on this I spoke to an associate inside PRS that actually worked on some of these to get his feelings and feedback. He said Paul tapped all the woods with the team and these noticeably rang out a notch above the other woods on 594's. He also said the voicing and tones on these came out outstanding. Paul was not kidding when he said the tops demonstrated an iridescence and depth that is a little different in a positive way. He also emphasized the hog came from Guatemala hence the flame and ribboning.

Thanks to everyone for enjoying and giving a thumbs up on this one. Appreciate the nice comments.

594_01.jpg

594_03.jpg

594_04.jpg
594_07.jpg
THAT IS A REFINED COMPOSITION. THE WOODS!!!!! AND SUCH A WONDERFUL FINISH, HOLY COW. NICE!!!

I can’t use the Monty Python “Bring our yer dead” video, as I’ve already used it this week!

Like the video, glad that the wood came from just outside the graveyard!

3 pieces of wood, just unbelievably flawless perfect specimens out of the heart of the trees, Wow! I've never seen grain so perfect in every single piece of wood fantastic. 3D depth.
Maple 1 stripes
Maple 2 stripes
Mahogany 1 stripes

3 pieces of wood, just unbelievably flawless perfect specimens out of the heart of the trees, Wow! I've never seen grain so perfect in every single piece of wood fantastic. 3D depth.
Maple 1 stripes
Maple 2 stripes
Mahogany 1 stripes
after watching the video I now see that I'm wrong, striped / figured mahogany neck it looked like a flame maple neck. Now it's even more unbelievable

Thanks for that...

... did they desecrate a graveyard just to make a few guitars?...

Not until Ozzy buys one.

They were the kind of Michigan maple the Ted McCarty was always on the lookout for.
Happened to be in the woods near an old grave yard.

Spectacular looking ax!

Back