Goldie MKII

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Goldie is finally done...2000 Custom 22 chambered (no f-hole) semi-hollow with the stock Dragon IIs.

+ 53/10 pickups (brushed nickel covers w/ gold poles)
+ MannMade 2300 Adjustable Stoptail (satin w/ polished unplated brass studs)
+ new creme PRS pickup rings w/ gold screws
+ new creme PRS toggle switch tip
+ new amber PRS lampshades
+ new PRS Phase II tuners w/ unplated shafts
+ new faux-bone PRS DGT-style tuning keys

BEFORE:

019_zps304a18ed.jpg

AFTER:

body1_zps2gpmgxth.jpg

DURING:

head1_zpsitjmpnaf.jpg

head2_zpsnv9llm35.jpg

AFTER:

head3_zpsw1sc6wwf.jpg

The 53/10s and the MannMade 2300 really took Goldie from an interesting nice-to-have, to a serious player that can hold her own with anything in my stable. She sounds and sustains AMAZING, and, although subtle, I am glad that she finally looks as good, and up-to-date, as she sounds :)

full1_zps8hwgsn47.jpg

A special shout out to John Mann, who provided real-time tech support (I had never disassembled a winged Phase I before), and whatever human invented the shoelace trick to get knobs off pots...brilliant!

brilliant pimping Sir Carl
she's has an understated beauty, enjoy her looks and sounds

Awesome! That's work nicely done! I used the shoelace trick last month for the first time too. Brilliant is a good way to describe it. Now, go RAWK that bad mama jama!

Almost forgot, did the Studio survive the purge to make room for the 20th?

Almost forgot, did the Studio survive the purge to make room for the 20th?

Bodia, sadly, the Stu Stu Studio did not survive. I returned her to the GC from whence I rescued her, and she is now someone else's. That was a damn good guitar. But no words left for the 20th :)

Bodia, sadly, the Stu Stu Studio did not survive. I returned her to the GC from whence I rescued her, and she is now someone else's. That was a damn good guitar. But no words left for the 20th :)

Totally get it. I would part with a lot that I love for one of the 20th's, and it's very, very tempting.

Totally get it. I would part with a lot that I love for one of the 20th's, and it's very, very tempting.

Not to derail my own thread, but I am kind of embarrassed how many "un-useful" guitars I amassed over the past few years. Side-collecting and all ;) I had alot of great instruments, but enough. So, although a few PRSes left the fray (mostly doubles), the majority of "The Purge" were other brands, impulse buys, etc. RE: electrics, I'm down to one Hamer, one EBMM, one Fender, and 2 Knaggs aside from my PRSes. I started moving alot of gear when I got the Jack Gretz WL McCarty, and that really started me looking at what I had amassed critically. So I just kinda kept on going...movin' forward >>>

With so many nice guitars, how can you be cantankerous?

She's a beauty, I love goldtops!

Great job, Carl! Looks fantastic, and I am betting with the 53/10s and bridge change, it sounds great, too.

Back