Going price for a 2011 MC58

Em7

deus ex machina
I am thinking about downsizing my collection. Does anyone know what case queen MC58s are fetching today? It is an absolutely stunning guitar, but I have never got along with the neck, so it has sat in its case for most of the time I have owned it. The guitar is in about as new condition as a used MC58 can be and I am not loaded enough to keep guitars that I do not play.

I checked on Reverb after posting this message and discovered that well-maintained MC58s are selling in the $2700 to $3000 range. That is better than I assumed. The one I have is an amazing guitar if you can get along with the fat neck profile. I prefer pattern regular and pattern wide-thin.

Hey, Em7--

$2999 was the sale price of a "still-new/never-owned" 2011 MC-58 from an authorized dealer almost exactly 1 year ago (Aug. 2019). But keep in mind, that one was "new" so it came with all the benefits of a new-purchase from an authorized dealer. I'd expect yours could get somewhat close to that if you've got good pictures, trustworthy description, etc. in your selling ad.

Here’s the guitar:

dVasU93.jpg

dX9QFU4.jpg

This guitar was built in 2011, but I purchased it at Experience 2012. For some reason, it was held back at the factory. It is one of the lightest McCarty guitars I have encountered.

Last edited:
Here’s the guitar:

dVasU93.jpg

dX9QFU4.jpg

This guitar was built in 2011, but I purchased it at Experience 2012. For some reason, it was held back at the factory. It is one of the lightest McCarty guitars I have encountered.
Nice one!

I have agonized over selling this guitar for four years. When I compare this guitar to what is currently being sold, the only guitars that are as nice are private stock instruments. This guitar was definitely held back for a reason. I have never weighed it, but I would say that it is in the 7 to 7.5lb range. That is one of the reasons why Brian Meader grabbed it at the show. I kept going back and forth between this guitar and a multi-color metal foil Special. The metal foil Experience guitars were cool.

Man, it'd be heartache for me to see that anybody would sell that beautiful (McCarty sunburst? Vintage yellow?) MC-58, but I'm not trying to put guilt on you (or am I?). I really feel like these are right at the heart of PRS's vision of the perfect McCarty model. [As great as they are, I don't necessarily count the newer 594's, as they're oriented more towards emulating "those" guitars and not as much independently-ideal PRS design, if you know what I mean.]

I admit, though, that if you don't bond with a guitar's neck, then it can be game over. That's a tough call...

Back