Going natural

hammeron

I just picked this stunningly handsome SC245 with a (kick assingly perfect) Faded Whale Blue top. I instantly bonded with how the faded blue contrasted with the deep brown of the fret board and head stock. The balance of the cool:warm compliment never stops making me smile. To enhance that yin/yang mojo, I swapped out the original black lampshades for ambers, and dug the hell out of how it extended effect. The only thing that was leaving me cold was the black back and sides. So off it went to the PTC for a bit of naturalizing.

Matt King warned me that the back might have some flaws in it (I'm guessing opaque paint jobs are the destiny for under-specked pieces of wood at PRS.) And sure enough, after it was sanded, it turned out there were some flex areas in the back that needed to be covered up. After some emails back and forth, we decided to use a toner on the back to mask the imperfections, but still leave the grain.

At any rate, I am super pumped about this. Three more months to go...can't wait!

Here she is in the original black.

braman%20blue.jpg

braman%20blue%20full.jpg

Update:

So this was what they thought they were going to have to use to hide the flaws.
BRAHMAN_BACK.jpg

But they were able to go lighter on the toner than they initially thought. Matt sent a picture of the back after toning. Very stoked. I think it might turn out better the straight natural I was going after in the first place.

lighter%20toner%20back.jpg

Update:

So this was what they thought they were going to have to use to hide the flaws.
BRAHMAN_BACK.jpg

But they were able to go lighter on the toner than they initially thought. Matt sent a picture of the back after toning. Very stoked. I think it might turn out better the straight natural I was going after in the first place.

lighter%20toner%20back.jpg

Oh, hell yes!

Back