Going Digital?!?! ME?!?!?

Appreciate the positive mojo! Been dealing with this illness every waking moment for 18 months now...grrr!

jxe, I HAVE turned toward the dark side, due to volume control issues (1w mode on tube amps are still too loud when others are sleeping). Kemper toaster and H9. My guitars are still all analog though :)

Good luck with all those rabbits Dan! :D

This video helped me decide to buy it. They sound a little "different" but I can't say I thought one was "better" or "worse" sound wise....at least on a computer with headphones on. And it cost me less than a couple of decent stomp boxes would have if I bought them new, so I was like what the h*ll. If I don't like it or can't get into it, I can always sell it later.

This sound cloud A/B sounded really close to me too......

https://soundcloud.com/chuskey/helix-vs-hd500

Last edited:
I used a G Major for a really long time. Patched it through effects loop and I used the switching Jack's to switch channels on my head.

I got really attached to it as I had quite a few patches that were specific to certain songs. I loved the spill over effects too.

As of late, I have gone to guitar, compressor, amp. Kind of getting back to raw tone.

I never used the OD or reverb in any digital processor, don't care for any of them. I realized that I mainly used different delays for the bulk of my patches.

I'd like to have a delay pedal that can recall maybe 4 delay settings then I'd be good.

Nope!

Just forced downsizing from job loss + chronic illness. Likely switch towns but haven’t decided yet. My docs tell me plan on another year or so for recovery before I can work again.

Sorry to hear your news. Sending you positive forum bro love for your recovery!

I’m on the analogue pedal and tube amp route. Loving the tones I’m getting.

Best of luck on your digital journey Kenneth.

Back