Godsmack: Tony Rombola's PRSs

rickcard71

It looks like Tony is now playing PRSs. He had 3 nice doublecuts on Rock on the Range yesterday. Charcoal, Burnt Orange and a vintage inspired colored PRS. All very nice. I'm surprised he isn't playing SCs.

Interesting that the one in the linked pic is a stoptail. So it must be a PS or AR guitar made for him if it's a 30th.

Interesting that the one in the linked pic is a stoptail. So it must be a PS or AR guitar made for him if it's a 30th.
Appears to be a regular CU22(which stoptail is available on). Could very well be AR or something, they all have great looking tops. Looks like his name inlayed on TRC.

Looks like one is Livingston Lemondrop.

Is that burnt orange or black gold burst with scraped binding?

Appears to be a regular CU22(which stoptail is available on). Could very well be AR or something, they all have great looking tops. Looks like his name inlayed on TRC.

Didn't look like a 30th to me, either. And I agree, CU22 as far as I can tell.

They all had his name on the TRC and all were stop-tails. I'm sure they are all Artist Relation models which are basically PSs. The one was Burnt Orange, that was awesome. The guitars did look bigger than usual like maybe the scale length was longer, not sure though.

Tony uses Drop D and Drop C. He has guitars dedicated to the tunings so I doubt he's going to use different gauge strings for them. They're most likely set up for the tunings.

Back