GO Broncos!

Homer: Awwwwww, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah yeah.
Marge: Well explain to me why it isn’t.
Homer: You just don’t understand football, Marge.

tumblr_l2yr46kjfB1qc073co1_400.gif

At least you all have seen a win in 2013....... My Steelers look like they may not win one this year.........

The day the season opened, I was refereeing soccer, and one of the other guys is a huge football fan (on that crew, we had one football guy, one baseball guy, and me - the hockey guy). Anyway, this guy said, "I don't see a game they win this season." The other guy and I both said, "Oh yeah, they'll win a game." He said, "No, I know they'll win a game - I just can't point to the schedule and say, 'This is a game they'll win'".

Last night after Satriani, my son and I were sitting here talking about it and he looked through the schedule and said, "You know what, I can't find a game I think they will win."

You say this like it's a bad thing :D

You know, I have a hard time getting overly worked up about football. I much prefer hockey and baseball, but around here (meaning Pittsburgh, not the forum), it's such a ridiculously overemphasized thing. When I still listened to terrestrial radio, the Sunday pregame shows were on before I got out of bed - even for a 4:00 start. To be honest, I kind of get more of a kick when they lose because the call-in shows go ballistic.

One of my favorite live comedy moments came a few years ago after the Steelers beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. I saw Doug Stanhope, who's a big Cardinals fan, and he came on stage wearing a Cardinals jersey, grabbed the mic and said, "F*ck the Steelers." Very deliberately. Then went on to rip people who were so proud about the outcome of that game, saying "It shouldn't have been that close. That was like Larry Holmes getting slapped around by a disabled 9-year-old girl, then knocking her out in the 15th round with a lucky roundhouse punch."

The Broncos roll into Dallas on Sunday and Tony Romo is already whining about the ass whooping he’s going to get :)

Romo, speaking to the media on Tuesday, zeroed in on the Broncos' secondary. "They grab, they hold, they've almost put a lot of pressure on the refs – whether or not they're going to call the game close or not," he said. "If they get called once or twice, that's a good thing. But they're all over guys as far as using the little tricks, I guess you could say, that good linebackers and good secondaries use when they're playing man coverage."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...refs-advance-cowboys-game-130527456--nfl.html

and me - the hockey guy).

Hockey guy here too Alan.. (and football..Pats of course..Sorry wedge! LOL)
As a child to Canadian born and raised parents, I grew up playing hockey from the age of 6 to about 23yrs old including what iw ill call lower level D2 in college. (Stonehill College in MA)

My bantam year in youth hockey (age 12 or so) I had the honor of playing with one Brian Leetch on my team (He grew up in the next town over from me). This was the year before High school. That dude even then could score a goal from the RED LINE probably 2 out of 5 times. Now a Hall of Famer..what a career he had.
As many times we do, I picked up my dad's favorite team as a 5 year old and now cheer for the Habs..Favroite player growing up was #10. ;-)
Sorry to hijack but at least it is sports related...LOL

oh yeah one more thing: GO PATS!

Been mulling that for several years... the city and team are in contract negotiations for stadium upgrades, etc, to bring the dome up to "tier 1" standards or the Rams have the option to break the lease and leave. It would be nice if they would get their s@#t together and win a few first...

So much for the Chefs. :rolleyes: Broncos took them in both games. :cheers:

And... just nuked the Texas (37 to 13) to claim the Division Championship. Again. :beer:

GO Broncos!
:santa:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;120086 said:
So much for the Chefs. :rolleyes: Broncos took them in both games. :cheers:

And... just nuked the Texas (37 to 13) to claim the Division Championship. Again. :beer:

GO Broncos!
:santa:

and Manning broke the TD record!

Wow! A lotta Raiders hate up in here...
They have been my team since Bo Jackson was there in the mid 80's.
Needless to say, the past two decades have been a difficult ride for the Raider Nation. =\

Wow! A lotta Raiders hate up in here...
They have been my team since Bo Jackson was there in the mid 80's.
Needless to say, the past two decades have been a difficult ride for the Raider Nation. =\
Today's game against the Broncos sure won't help. :redface:

Back