Glaser Instruments in Nashville ?

Rusty Falcon

Anyone have experience having a PRS worked on at Glaser Instruments in Nashville ?

I've got a lot of fret wear on a 2008 Custom 24 and figure I'm due for either a fret dressing or full fret replacement. There are many positive reviews around the Net including the fact that Glaser has a Plek machine and do top-notch work for many of Nashville's residents.

I live near Huntsville Alabama which is about an hour and a half drive. Was hoping to find a local shop with PRS experience but I can't find one.

Anyone ever had a PRS worked on by them and do you have an opinion ?

Joe Glaser is a legend in the business. He is also involved with PLEK. I can't imagine getting less than stellar support from him.

Don't forget that the PRS Tech Center is also an option.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that a place in Nashville would avoid the shipping time to and from PTC and might be able to get the job done quicker. This is my number 1 guitar!

This is my number 1 guitar!

I can't imagine anyone doing it better than the people who made it in the 1st place. Still... we all have a budget.

Might be worth asking them for a quote and doing the math.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that a place in Nashville would avoid the shipping time to and from PTC and might be able to get the job done quicker. This is my number 1 guitar!

The PTC guys are stellar....Glaser is good as well. If you decide to go the PTC route, I'm sure I have an "Artist Loaner" you can borrow to tie you over. I'm in Madison and know what you're going thru....I'm getting ready to drive to Memphis and spend the day @ Martin Music having a few of mine set-up.

Last edited:
The PTC guys are stellar....Glaser is good as well. If you decide to go the PTC route, I'm sure I have an "Artist Loaner" you can borrow to tie you over. I'm in Madison and know what you're going thru....I'm getting ready to drive to Memphis and spend the day @ Martin Music having a few of mine set-up.

Man, that's pure class. I love this place.

Dude that's a tremendous offer. I may be driving up to Glaser tomorrow depending on what they tell me the workload and timeline will be.

Already done and done. Guitar went to Glaser and I picked it back up this past Monday. Evan, the Plek technician had some free time so he gave me a tour of the machine and showed me the before and after profile graphs for my guitar. Apparently I did not have an extreme amount of fret wear, but a combination of some slightly high frets, some fret wear, neck angle, and setup combined for the issues I was having. The Plek re-established a solid profile for my frets by removing a tiny bit from some of them. This plus a new setup resolved the issues. Also got to meet Joe Glaser... nice guy... very humble and open and the process.

Back