Gimme Shelter - tutorial

Now I gotta get out the HB. Thanks for the motivation! :)

great thanks for these kind post and for taking your time to check this out!

bodia - thanks for asking about LLB...just a few episodes this year, after 5 pretty active years the boys are needing a break. I'm taking the whole year off to do other things i just didn't have time for working on LLB stuff. I'm not sure what's next but i know Hall & Oats is on the table and Pink Floyd.

great thanks for these kind post and for taking your time to check this out!

bodia - thanks for asking about LLB...just a few episodes this year, after 5 pretty active years the boys are needing a break. I'm taking the whole year off to do other things i just didn't have time for working on LLB stuff. I'm not sure what's next but i know Hall & Oats is on the table and Pink Floyd.

Totally get it! Wishing you the best!

Great tutorial for a great song!

Side question: Grand Funk Railroad covered this one on their "Survival" album. Did Farner tune in open E, or roll with standard with different fingerings?

hello Mark...sinere thanks for checking this out sir. First of all i had no idea GFR cover it...so thanks for tell me! I did a quick watch of a pretty bad quality live video of Farner playing it and it appears to my eye he is in standard tuning. He def gets the vid of it but not really what Keef did. Just my take.

haha..sorry i was not very specific. Color, how long you've had it, is it a 10 or 10x2 (not that that matters really) what gauge strings do you like on it? What kind of music do you play/like?

The HB i use on this video is one of maybe 2 guitars that i've let go over 40 plus years of playing that i wish i hadn't. It was beautiful, to my eye as i love orange, super light, played great and it just overall made me want to pick it up and i was happy when i did! My fave PRS model honestly, i have a 'working man's' P90 Korina that i love too, but that enough PRS for me.

Really appreciate the link...beautiful guitar & I hope very comfortable for you to play - congrats!

I enjoy these and LLB too. Keep em coming when you can.

I want a HB as well. I just need an endless supply of money!

Really appreciate the link...beautiful guitar & I hope very comfortable for you to play - congrats!
Incredibly comfortable and a tone monster. I love my Paul's (in my profile pic) but now I invariably grab the new HB I first. And it is not just the "new factor".

Thanks so much for posting this, great job, and one of my favorite songs EVER.

Greatly appreciate you taking time to check it out...I’m with you, such a great song!

Back