Gigging Guitar Dilemma

(* - Good lord people, how do you let this sit out there for almost 22 hours without taking the shot?)
I blurt out the punch line - without typing anything - to so many easy setups around here. Mrs. B doesn’t even bother to toss an eye dagger anymore. Low hanging fruit and such. Little boy blue...

Oddly, the ding that hurt the most was on my sparkly red SE Orianthi, the guitar I originally bought to bash around on.

Ahhh... You have the sparkly Orianthi? I got the flame maple top version with a pretty decent top...

This was when I was installing the MannMade tremolo bridge...
20604537_10209838405780843_954054248353538133_n.jpg

That’s a good question. I was using a 2 channel amp and using the clean channel with a bit of reverb and compression, but now I’m using a Headrush pedalboard and 2 active FRFR cabs, so I’ll have to do a bit of experimenting. I’ll have to get back on that.

Would be really interested to know where you get to. I have an acoustic AER 60, through which the piezo sounds sublime. As soon as I move it into an electric guitar amp, it loses some sparkle and goes quite muddy - varies on which amp I use but the principle holds across all. It still adds some interesting tones to the pickups but once you have heard it in its true colours, it can sound a bit mardy when the amps change.

Would be really interested to know where you get to. I have an acoustic AER 60, through which the piezo sounds sublime. As soon as I move it into an electric guitar amp, it loses some sparkle and goes quite muddy - varies on which amp I use but the principle holds across all. It still adds some interesting tones to the pickups but once you have heard it in its true colours, it can sound a bit mardy when the amps change.
It blows one’s amp budget, but a proper acoustic amp helps tame that artificial brightness. Our buddy Markie has a Fender model, I believe, that is designed to blend well...and it does. I’m currently sans a piezo-equipped electric, but my PRS SE Angelus sounds great thru the powered monitors 11Top mentioned. Personally, I run an acoustic profile on the Kemper then thru my pair of HeadRush cabs with pretty good results.

Last edited:
Man, nobody here has mentioned "insurance"? Have you consider it?
Oh, I have it. Lots of it. But that’s for the really bad stuff, not the bumps and bruises from regular wear and tear. Insurance, however, can’t replace sentimental value, of which, my stuff carries by the ton.

Back