Giggin'

IKnowALittle

i'm fortunate to be in a band that gets a lot of work. play mostly classic rock and some outliers.
tonite, we had a very blues friendly crowd, so i got to play a couple of songs that we don't normally do, but which i love.

cut a couple of minutes of the middle in this song, otherwise, note for note.

this is a fabulous version of this song. i play a combo of hendrix and moore for this. i cut out most of the "noodling", cause i really don't enjoy it.

this is one of my favourite songs to play ... feels good ... gets the endorphins movin'.

between the 2nd & 3rd set, this guy (who was a really cool dude) wanted to hear some acoustic country blues, so i played a few songs ... robert jonhson, lemon jefferson, blind blake, dvr.

i'm playin' with a country band sunday nite, and i know that i will get to sing this song.
now, i ain't no vince gill, but i do well enough for a bar.

interesting nite, in a good way.
i'm a minimalist. i've been giggin' my prs sudio exclusively since 2011. i play with a thumbpick and my fingernails (attached to my fingers of course), which makes me pretty easy on the guitar. i don't ever take a backup guitar to any gigs. studio with the two nfs and the 57/08 does everything i need and want. i can't remember the last time i broke a string.
my "rig", such as it is, consists of my studio guitar, goes into a zoom g5 and into my amp which is a traynor custom special 50. now, this amp will be unknown in the us, but is an incredibly awesome amp. i've been tryin' to "upgrade since 2010 but can't find anything better.

well, i'm going to speculate on who the best vocalists are .... but, it's pretty hard to beat vince gill and patty loveless.
interesting fact ... patty is ralph stanleys niece.

Back