Gig rig

Well just so happens, I NEED to meet up with the Chicago crew anyway so I'm game.
I won’t invite myself to someone else’s shindig, so if another convenient opportunity presents itself, I’ll try to be available. Seriously, I’m happy to lend a hand wherever needed.

Inside joke alert:

Weenee World is my favorite part of visiting 11Top. Wait, that did not come out right...

Seriously, it’s a retailer in Pfennyville that sells fun food. Folks, I can’t make this sh*t up...which is why it’s my fav...
weenieworld.jpg

Some people like to have Tupperware parties, I like to have Amp Parties. My place or yours? I’m sure 11Top and Markie will join in...maybe QueenCity and the Chi-Town guys? Of course, with ample notice, @veinbuster will Paul Bunyan his butt over, too. :D
I’m game. I can usually find a way with a couple days notice.

I'm inviting you. There, its official. You're coming!!!
Well done.
Do you have that HB yet?

For the cover band stuff, I got tired of chasing someone else’s sound just for the sake of authenticity. Once I had my rig set for ‘infinity tone’, my anxiety of covering almost anything disappeared at shows. Three basic tones...clean...dirty...lead...with or without an available boost, delay, trem, reverb. The rest of the equation was in the guitar selection and how the volume control and my picking dynamics governed the final product. On demand, the vocalist could call an audible and I needed just a couple of seconds to prepare. A couple of taps, a twist of the volume knob, or at worst a guitar change, and off we went. It worked wonders on my mental game and felt pretty confident.

I'm on this train, too. Too many variables trying to chase authentic, song-specific tones, but also still fit in the band mix, and I think the final product comes out best in a live environment if you just stick to that "base tone" most of the night.

Inside joke alert:

Weenee World is my favorite part of visiting 11Top. Wait, that did not come out right...

Seriously, it’s a retailer in Pfennyville that sells fun food. Folks, I can’t make this sh*t up...which is why it’s my fav...
weenieworld.jpg

In that case, Les and I cordially invite you to Michigan.
48894583042_e85107a245_c.jpg

Just a friendly reminder, amp settings that sound great at bedroom levels rarely sound great at stage volume. Unless of course your stage volume is the same as your bedroom.

I also find that one day I'll plug in and think my tone is pretty good and other days think its not so good without having touched a knob. I put it down to some form of bi-polar, phases of the moon, and how long it's been since I've bought the last amp, guitar, or pedal. I do have to say that once I got my Mesa Boogie TC-50 dialed in it hasn't shown this wild variation. But I haven't yet gotten it up to gig volume levels, either. One of these days.

:eek::eek:
I’ve been 1-upped!
o_O

Wait! Not so fast, my friend! Does Wienerlicious sell $15 propeller beanies AND provide free WIFI? Hehe.....I didn’t think so.

If memory serves, they do not... you win!

Although I reckon they sell more T-shirt’s than hot dogs. I certainly have one.

No doubt! Heathens!
I'm trying to raise my kids right, but they're ketchup on dogs right now. However, the older one does also put chimichurri on many other things.

As far as tones, I'd show up with:
  • nice clean that you can throw mild modulation and delay on as needed
  • base crunch that gets a wee bit snarly when you switch pickups or roll up the volume
  • your lead tone, b/c if they want leads from you, you gotta put your sauce on 'em
  • bonus points for passable acoustic via piezo or acoustic sim

Back