Gig report - circus edition

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So, Saturday was the gig at the circus themed brewery. We got moved to 6-8 time slot, which made me happier. We loaded in at 5, then waited for the other band to get their stuff in. By the time they were set up, it was 6, and though we were due to start, they gave us a sound check, then gave them a sound check, so we went on at 6:20. Sound was a bit rough, since they set it for us, then reset it for them, and the sound man was nowhere neat the board for the rest of the night. I could barely hear my guitar at all, which was rough when soloing, as I wasn't sure it was in FOH either. Luckily, I heard at break that it was. We took a break at 7:05, as originally scheduled, but were sent back on at 7:15 as they then told us we needed to be off by 7:45. Crap. So, we played a majorly scaled down second set and got stuff off. Surprisingly, with me not being able to hear myself and the other guitarist not being able to hear me, only one song was a bit of a train wreck, since it's one I was barely familiar with and I was kinda depending on being able to follow him, but just couldn't. Overall, we sounded good and crowd reaction was good. I think we need to adjust our setlist and add more songs that people know - we got great reactions to staples like Midnight Special and Me and Bobby McGee, not so much to Polk Salad Annie or Blame it on Waylon (the train wreck).

Anyway, have a couple videos :)

And, one with jugglers harassing my sister :)

Congrats man! Hopefully you had a blast doing it. That is what it is all about, that and entertaining people. I have not gigged for a few years now and kind of miss it. I don't miss being up so late but miss playing for people that appreciate it.

I went to a call one night and my colleague asked a person their employment status.

The reply:

“Circus Ring Master”

My colleague asked:

“Oh really, what circus are you with?”

Reply:

“I’m in between circuses at the moment!”

Back