Gig bags - tried to search but the words are too short...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
OK, looking to snag a gig bag for my Mira, rather than haul around the hard case. The PRS website isn't terribly informative about the differences/features of the PRS Signature gig bag vs the Premium. In similar price ranges there are also the Gator Transit, or the Road Runner Boulevard. Also perhaps a used SE gig bag, but I'm pretty open as long as it's a decent bag with good padding. Mono or Reunion Blues is not in the current budget - thinking the $60-$100 range. Given that, can anyone tell me the real differences in the PRS bags or give input on a bag they like in my price range?

Thanks!

I like the PRS gig bags, but having procured a Gator Transit gig bag for my wife and her Kingfisher bass, I realize the Gator Transit is much better in many ways. Most relevant to me, at least, is the extra layer of thick padding at the "bottom" (where the strap pin is) - it makes the guitar protected that extra bit when you yank it off your back and place it down against the wall, vertically.

I also like the Gator GL-LPS pseudo-hardside case that @11top recommended, but it is made for LP-shaped guitars, I don't think the Mira would work at all. There is a variation for "generic guitar" shape called "GL-ELECTRIC", not sure how well that works.

I like the PRS gig bags, but having procured a Gator Transit gig bag for my wife and her Kingfisher bass, I realize the Gator Transit is much better in many ways. Most relevant to me, at least, is the extra layer of thick padding at the "bottom" (where the strap pin is) - it makes the guitar protected that extra bit when you yank it off your back and place it down against the wall, vertically.

I also like the Gator GL-LPS pseudo-hardside case that @11top recommended, but it is made for LP-shaped guitars, I don't think the Mira would work at all. There is a variation for "generic guitar" shape called "GL-ELECTRIC", not sure how well that works.

I like this one, too, but it’s just outside your listed price range (unless you find it on sale).

https://www.guitarcenter.com/WolfPak/Electric-Guitar-Polyfoam-Case.gc

FWIW, I’ve been a big fan of the light weight ABS cases Gator makes. I used the GC-ELECTRIC-A and GC-LPS cases for my SEs.

I’m confident their “GL” poly foam cases would be good as well.

Back