Gig bags for SE basses now available?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by shinksma, Oct 11, 2019.

1. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

(Hopefully my wife does't see this thread until after Christmas...)

I bought a used Kingfisher bass a while back, that came without a gig bag for some reason, but I didn't care at the time - I wasn't going to gig it, and I had a spare appropriately sized hardshell case that worked. Saved me some cash at the time.

Then my wife started playing bass, so I trolled around looking for available PRS SE bass gig bags. Nope, none. Been looking for over a year.

This past week I finally break down and get her a Gator Transit case as a Christmas present. It looks really sharp and seems to have really good protection. It was delivered yesterday. Bass fits well.

This morning I see an SE Bass gig bag listed on Reverb. First time ever, AFAIK. Growf.

So I bought it.

She can decide which bass goes into which case (she also has a 1989 Bass-5 that I got her).

@[email protected] , are these now gonna be sold via the West St Store (I don't see any listings), or was this just a leftover from some retailer who sold a hardcase with a Kingfisher to a customer?

2. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

There hasn't been any talk about adding them to our Accessories store. Some dealers will sell the guitar sperate from the gig bag or case, I suspect that is the situation with the one you got from Reverb.

dogrocketp likes this.
  3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Thanks Shawn. I, too, suspect the separation of guitar and case by dealer.

[email protected] likes this.