Gig bag

guitarman001

My lowly S2 goes out in either it's original PRS gig bag or more often in it's ProTec Contego. I gave up on straight up hard cases years ago and have opted for SKB Soft cases for my others.

I would consider a gig bag for my Swamp Ash Special, as it's got a maple bolt-neck: but not my Cu22 with a mahogany neck.

i use two Mono bags. very durable, plenty of pocket space, strong zippers, and so far no issues.

SE/S2 gig bags are the bees knees. The PRS gig bag you mentioned looks strikingly similar, front has an extra pocket but the handle on the front is the same. Worth the money if it is indeed like the SE gig bag, although you could probably snag an SE bag on eBay for less.

I used three of the PRS gig bags for a number of years with no complaints or issues. I don't hesitate to put any solidbody in one. The only reason I don't use them anymore is because I bought a mono dual (to carry two guitars at once). I also have a single mono that is also very nice.

SE bags are great, so are Godin bags (Godins have an extra long pocket along the neck, arguably a bit useless due to its length however) but the overall quality is absolutely up there with the PRS, and usually cheaper

That's the original bag that the first SE's came in. I still have one from that first Santana SE and it definitely blows away the quality of the bags they pair with the red SE bag that came with my new ZM

The SE gig bag.. Is that like the red one that comes with the Torero? If so I found those to be thin b and wouldn't want to put a cu24 in one. Best bags I've had are the suhr padded gig bag and a heavily padded rockbag.

The SE gig bag.. Is that like the red one that comes with the Torero? If so I found those to be thin b and wouldn't want to put a cu24 in one. Best bags I've had are the suhr padded gig bag and a heavily padded rockbag.
Really? I travelled across the country with my Mira in one earlier this year, nary a scratch to the Mira or the bag. I really dig the SE bags. Word is PRSh uses a SE gig bag to carry around his personal guitar.

PRS had a leather gig bag that I'm going to guess was made by Reunion Blues because it was just like their leather gusseted bag, and it was bad ass.

Of course I sold it thinking I'd never gig again, and then needed another one and they had already discontinued it.

It was The Absolute Bomb. I wouldn't hesitate to take The Hammer Of The Gods out in it. I could kick myself for selling it.

I really dig the SE bag, and the one that came with my S2, which is the same bag in all black. Ever since I got these I use them instead of cases because they are lighter and more versatile. No problem with protection.

Nothing really, they are all made by the same manufacturer and all have the same basic design. I think the front pocket on the SE/S2 gig bag may be slightly larger than the one sold online.

I have three of the PRS gig bags from around 1999-2000. Been using them for almost 15 years. I went to a PRS forum event back in those days (pre-PRS Experience by many years). When I saw PRSh carrying his Dragon in a PRS gig bag, I figured they must be OK... ;-)

I've used the old PRS Cordura gig bags and a Levy's leather gig bag for years. Even with my PS HB.

They are great!

Back