Getting The Amps Ready For...Surgery...??

Wow Les, that looks brutal!
I really hope you get well, and recover to a desired state.

Compared to my open heart surgery last August? A Piece 0' Cake! Nothing!

I'm hoping to recover to the desired state of California. I'm sick of Michigan. Badabing, badaboom! LOL

Seriously, thanks man! Appreciated!

And the Buckeyes fans are with you, Les! ;)

Nah, we've been patsies to those guys for over a decade now.

They'll get sick of Michigan a little more when M starts winning again. I think that'll come soon enough, but I'll also admit I'm a UM alum and fan and there's a good chance I'm wearing Michigan Mood Goggles. ;)

Nah, we've been patsies to those guys for over a decade now.

They'll get sick of Michigan a little more when M starts winning again. I think that'll come soon enough, but I'll also admit I'm a UM alum and fan and there's a good chance I'm wearing Michigan Mood Goggles. ;)
It's apparent that the SEC and the ACC are afraid of Big Blue already. Can't believe the NCAA passed that rule. It makes no sense. Although, I guess "no sense" and "NCAA" in the same sentence isn't a stretch.

It's apparent that the SEC and the ACC are afraid of Big Blue already. Can't believe the NCAA passed that rule. It makes no sense. Although, I guess "no sense" and "NCAA" in the same sentence isn't a stretch.

You got that, buddy. I don't understand it, either.

There was an article in Sports Illustrated that the rule unintentionally punishes the MAC, Mountain West, etc, who send their coaches to the bigger schools' clinics, and thus get to evaluate players who can't travel to all the smaller schools for recruiting visits for financial reasons.

Even weirder, the Big 12 voted with the SEC, even though Art Briles was going to be featured at one of Michigan's satellite camps. To show how nutty this thing is, one of MSU's assistant coaches was in charge of Sound Mind, Sound Body, a camp for inner city kids to show their stuff to college coaches so they didn't have to spend money traveling to various camps. It's the kids who won't be able to show their stuff at lots of camps who will pay the price. OSU's Urban Meyer as well as the other Big Ten and MAC coaches, were regulars at this camp (even though it's in Michigan. Meyer was developing inroads into Detroit area high schools in particular via this camp, now that ends.

The PAC 12 voted with the SEC and coach Leach of Washington State and the Stanford coach expressed criticism of the rule. Leach in particular seemed really pissed off. I guess not that many recruits come to Pullman to do camps.

The thing about Harbaugh is that anyone could have held these camps (except the SEC and ACC evidently); why didn't the SEC and ACC just change their outdated rules? Why screw it up for everyone else?

Oh wait. Because They Could. ;)

You got that, buddy. I don't understand it, either.

There was an article in Sports Illustrated that the rule unintentionally punishes the MAC, Mountain West, etc, who send their coaches to the bigger schools' clinics, and thus get to evaluate players who can't travel to all the smaller schools for recruiting visits for financial reasons.

Even weirder, the Big 12 voted with the SEC, even though Art Briles was going to be featured at one of Michigan's satellite camps. To show how nutty this thing is, one of MSU's assistant coaches was in charge of Sound Mind, Sound Body, a camp for inner city kids to show their stuff to college coaches so they didn't have to spend money traveling to various camps. It's the kids who won't be able to show their stuff at lots of camps who will pay the price. OSU's Urban Meyer as well as the other Big Ten and MAC coaches, were regulars at this camp (even though it's in Michigan. Meyer was developing inroads into Detroit area high schools in particular via this camp, now that ends.

The PAC 12 voted with the SEC and coach Leach of Washington State and the Stanford coach expressed criticism of the rule. Leach in particular seemed really pissed off. I guess not that many recruits come to Pullman to do camps.

The thing about Harbaugh is that anyone could have held these camps (except the SEC and ACC evidently); why didn't the SEC and ACC just change their outdated rules? Why screw it up for everyone else?

Oh wait. Because They Could. ;)
Yep. It's a shame, because this does nothing to promote the brand, and does everything to limit the abilities of those that can't afford to travel. In the end, the kids lose out.

Shouldn't be much surprise that the SEC and ACC were the pushers behind this. I mean, Saban was the one lobbying for a minimum amount of time before a play could be run. Apparently he can't come up with a way to combat the up tempo offense run by Oregon, and others.

The other thing that frosts by behind is the propensity of some schools to limit the schools that their players can transfer to. If they aren't paying them, they should have no right to tell them where they can, and can't go. And a scholarship doesn't count, because that's not really payment. I guess what really gets me is that coaches can walk away from their contracts at any point and go wherever they want, but the "student athlete" can not.

The other thing that frosts by behind is the propensity of some schools to limit the schools that their players can transfer to. If they aren't paying them, they should have no right to tell them where they can, and can't go. And a scholarship doesn't count, because that's not really payment. I guess what really gets me is that coaches can walk away from their contracts at any point and go wherever they want, but the "student athlete" can not.

Ohhhh I am SO WITH YOU ON THIS!

These kids risk their bodies to play for a school, and yet their choices are limited because the NCAA says that can happen? It stinks. For that matter, why should they have to sit out a year before they can play? What's that all about?

And the fact is that even if the schollies were interpreted as payment, so what? Other students - even those employed as grad assistants or cafeteria workers part time - can still transfer to another school of their choice. Why are these kids chained to a school if (a) they aren't happy there, and (b) they can't even get onto the field?

It makes absolutely no sense. You're right about coaches moving all the time. The kids should be able to as well.

Back