Getting The Amps Ready For...Surgery...??

when it comes to rocks, I like iama.

Speaking of i am a rock, my cast comes off in 13 hours. Tick.....tock............tick................tock...

I will then immediately recording my new album, Lesteban Comes Alive!, featuring my backup band, The Stone My Little Ponies.

The first song will be Rock Around The Schlock, a sensitive song about a tragedy caused by parents who won't let their son wear hipster clothing in middle school, and his revenge act of bringing their sex videotape to school and substituting it for the science class educational film.

It's in the key of...X. ;)

I am...anticipatory for you.

No, seriously, really, I look forward to many years of your (albeit sometimes inconceivable) posts.

Great news Les...and with recent discussions here on the Forum, I think it's totally appropriate to do a Marty McFly to announce your return to guitar playing!:eek:

Great news Les...and with recent discussions here on the Forum, I think it's totally appropriate to do a Marty McFly to announce your return to guitar playing!:eek:

Good plan!

I'll cancel my appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show immediately!

Who's Marty McFly?

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

The cast is off, but the elbow's still a bit stiff and swollen, and doesn't want to rotate quite far enough to play. That may take a few days, still; I was given some exercises to help.

The surgical scar is easily a foot long - first time I've seen it. My wife says with all these scars, I'm starting to look like Frankenstein's monster.

I told her, "I've always wanted to be a monster player!" ;)

Per the doc: a full recovery is expected. He was very upbeat about the result of the surgery. And my brother, whose hobby is his 1974 Lotus Europa that he's driven since 1974 (and repaired about every week since) says I'm starting to need as many rebuilds as his car. Haha!

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

The cast is off, but the elbow's still a bit stiff and swollen, and doesn't want to rotate quite far enough to play. That may take a few days, still. The surgical scar is about a foot long, my wife says with all these scars, I'm starting to look like Frankenstein's monster.

:D

Heal quickly and well.

Thanks guys!

The cast is off, but the elbow's still a bit stiff and swollen, and doesn't want to rotate quite far enough to play. That may take a few days, still; I was given some exercises to help.

The surgical scar is easily a foot long - first time I've seen it. My wife says with all these scars, I'm starting to look like Frankenstein's monster.

Per the doc: a full recovery is expected. He was very upbeat about the result of the surgery. And my brother, whose hobby is his 1974 Lotus Europa that he's driven since 1974 (and repaired about every week since) says I'm starting to need as many rebuilds as his car. Haha!
The Tortoise says, "slow and steady wins the race." Sage advice. Glad to hear things went well and the doc is happy. Now, don't push it!:mad:

Dang you Les! You got me with that one:oops:

The giveaway was supposed to be the Ed Sullivan reference...you know...50s, etc...

And I have a question.

Am I the only one who feels that space-time is moving so rapidly that it's hard to get a handle on things?

I mean, I really don't remember too much about the 50s. I was too little. But I can bounce emotionally to thoughts and events from the 60s and afterward, as though they were still real, and do so with relative ease. Not only that, but these events often have soundtracks.

It's weird, I'm weird, life is weird, the imagination is weird, and reality is even weirder.

Last night I dreamt I shared the stage with ZZ Top. But I...might...be....mistaken....hmmm hmmm hmm...

If the word, "Rock," is in the title of a song, it's pretty much a disappointment if it doesn't rock, isn't it? :)
Under promise, over deliver.

When I say "rock" that's a a euphemism for "bash the holy-hell out of it". Subtlety is a spice of meager application. Consider it more of a public service announcement/legal disclosure/indemnity clause.

"You might want to put on your seatbelt" just before hitting a brick wall at 80mph.

"You might want to put on your seatbelt" just before hitting a brick wall at 80mph.

Then again, you might enjoy the feeling without the seat belt if you're into that kind of thing...

Hey I PLAYED GUITAR TODAY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Could only go for a few minutes before things started to hurt a bit, and didn't want to overdo it.

Because as my son says, right now things are a little..."gnarly..." Pic was taken at the doc's office when they took the cast off Friday. Heck yes I stopped shaving for a while when they put the cast on!

Last edited:
Back