Getting some Pine Time in!

Deedsoftommy

I ♡ chip's n' salsa.
After playing through my recently new EVH 4X12S cab and giving my DG 2X12 a 3 week break.

I plugged in my DG 2x12 this morning and I tell you what !!! I now understand what pine wood does to a prestine clean tone. The only way I can describe it is like this. Mind you I'm from Texas. South Texas :D

It's like a cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in bacon and dipped into ranch sauce! Followed with some sweat honey lemon tea!
13938147_10153706081166837_8998189813395242992_o.jpg

With that said. This weekend is all about my PRS DG 2X12!!!

Yeah, I totally get why they chose the pine 2x12 to gig and demo nearly all of their amps for so long. When I decided to buy an amp suggested by DG, the cab had to come along too because you can't get a sound you liked in a demo without the entire matched set of equipment. That philosophy has served me well over the past several years of love for this amp and cab(s). The pine 1x12 and 2x12s are an excellent pairing.

I'm not believing what I'm reading! That is EXACTLY how I described my PRS pine cab, when I got it last year! Uncanny!

Wait, that ranch in yours WAS Marzetti, wasn't it?

:cool:

Yeah, I totally get why they chose the pine 2x12 to gig and demo nearly all of their amps for so long. When I decided to buy an amp suggested by DG, the cab had to come along too because you can't get a sound you liked in a demo without the entire matched set of equipment. That philosophy has served me well over the past several years of love for this amp and cab(s). The pine 1x12 and 2x12s are an excellent pairing.
I've been wanting a 1x12 closed back. It looks about the same width as the 2x12 though!

Interesting. I would not have expected that from pine. I once saw a video of someone who built an electric guitar out of pine in an attempt to demonstrate that "it doesn't matter what kind of wood a guitar is made of for it to sound good". So, do we now judge high end pine to be a "tonewood"?

superdboogiecab.jpg

That's the way you handle that problem. ;)

My 1x12 is not really a PRS 1x12, but a PRS 1x12 combo cab. The amp isn't installed in it but it is a sealed 1x12 that sounds great for me.

rig2016-05-27

Last edited:
Back