Getting my first Core Custom 24 today!

Mr.Blooze92

Hey all,

My name is Nick and I’m new here. Like you, I am a guitar addict!

Today is a very special day for me as I am getting my first Core! I have owned a few SE’s over the years but a Core Custom 24 has been a dream for the past 17 years.

I recently found a 1992 Custom 24 for sale one state over in Vermont and I am extremely excited and thankful for the seller working with me to be able to afford it! It’s even more special because it was the year I was born. I am beyond thrilled.

Pics and story to follow later on!

So… I knew that yesterday would be quite the day and it was! It was the best day I have had in a very, VERY long time. I rushed out of work at quitting time, hopped in the car, drove 60 miles to the Ferry to Vermont, hopped on board and met the gentleman brokering the deal for the Custom 24. You know the old saying, “PRS guitars are doctor/lawyer guitars”? It rang true with this one. This guitar was purchased by a physician in 1992, new off the rack of a very well known music store in Vermont. He kept it these past 30 years and when he decided to part ways with it, he had the owner of the music store he originally bought it from broker the deal. It’s quite a story. A one owner guitar that was sold twice by the owner of a legendary music store, 30 years between.

I popped the case open in the parking lot and I swear angels were singing. I flopped out my wad of cash as fast as I could, got my receipt and walked on air all the way back to the car. I got back on the Ferry to NY, got a burger with m’lady and brought her to meet some old friends. Those friends happen to be the Kentucky Headhunters. As always, they played a great show and I got to hang with my buddy Greg Martin after the show. I hadn’t seen him in six years and it was great getting to hang for a bit.

Everyone has their own idea of a perfect day, but there is a brief synopsis of mine. My first full, fat, USA Custom 24 and seeing my old friends/favorite band within hours of each other. I hadn’t had anything good happen to me in a while but it was worth the wait!

I wish I could figure out how to post photos here! I’d love to show off my new baby. There is nothing like a cherry sunburst that has naturally faded and lost its vibrant red hues. Now I’m off to play her some more!

Back