Getting a 594 closer to vintage spec

So I recently decided to switch my 594 Singlecut’s pickups, the 58/15LTs to make them sound a bit more traditional. Wound up throwing in a CTS500K kit with Luxe bees too and it’s made a World of difference.

The cream switchtip got a tad nicked in the installation process so I wound up putting a Amber switch tip and it looks way cooler.

Now I’ve got thinking...... what would faux bone tuner buttons, Gold Top hat knobs and a toggle switch washer look like on this.......

Do share your thoughts.

If I didn't already have 58/15LTs in my 594 I'd be trying to buy yours :)

If you're going that route, you need a set of knob pointers too.

IMG-4482.jpg

IMG-4481.jpg

Well it's a Goldtop

As you can see the switchtip is now amber.

What do you think of a pair of Gold Top Hat Knobs, a poker chip toggle washer & tuner buttons with faux bone finish(DGT style)

Definately dig the knob pointer suggestion

IMG-4481.jpg" alt="IMG-4481" border="0">

IMG-4482.jpg" alt="IMG-4482" border="0">

Do thenFaux Bine tuners. When the 594 launched, a bunch of guys, including myself, did them.

The 594 is its own wonderful thing.

Personally, I’m not into the idea of making a PRS into something it isn’t. A fake Les Paul? Really? The body shape is different (LP narrower at waist, different cutaway, different top carve). Even if you replace the knobs and add the useless switch surround, the tuners are different, the bridge is different, the headstock is different, and the inlays are, too.

It’ll only be an eyeball-hurting thing that’s neither/nor.

I do like the idea of the faux bone tuner buttons. You can also get closer to matching the faux bone buttons (and the pickup rings) with a switch tip from crazyparts.de.

I have 50s tribute gold top, it came with the gold speed knobs, So I bought gold tophats and black tophats, tried both
The black ones look so great with the uncovered black pickups, I think you should do the same thing by both flavors see which one looks superior.
I also went with new gold kidney bean locking tuners, I'm super happy with the look. excuse the flash overexposure
mjzQQTn.jpg

Personally, I’m not into the idea of making a PRS into something it isn’t. A fake Les Paul? Really? The body shape is different (LP narrower at waist, different cutaway, different top carve). Even if you replace the knobs and add the useless switch surround, the tuners are different, the bridge is different, the headstock is different, and the inlays are, too.

I do like the idea of the faux bone tuner buttons. You can also get closer to matching the faux bone buttons (and the pickup rings) with a switch tip from crazyparts.de.
Pretty much what I needed to hear to set my head straight

So
I have 50s tribute gold top, it came with the gold speed knobs, So I bought gold tophats and black tophats, tried both
The black ones look so great with the uncovered black pickups, I think you should do the same thing by both flavors see which one looks superior.
I also went with new gold kidney bean locking tuners, I'm super happy with the look. excuse the flash overexposure
mjzQQTn.jpg
I went back and forth on this and what LSchefman had to say.

So I came to the conclusion that the lampshades are great but they’re akin to speed knobs. Having been a 12 year plus Les Paul with top hats man graduating to this. I find myself oft fumbling with them.

So I’m going gold top hats and faux bone tuner buttons now!

How about a cream pickguard? I know you don't need one but curious what it would look like. I tried fitting one on my singlecut but it wouldn't work because of the different volume control placement.

That's a nice ax you have there! I'd leave well enough alone. Ok - If you can figure out how to get a pick guard on it then maybe...

So

I went back and forth on this and what LSchefman had to say.

So I came to the conclusion that the lampshades are great but they’re akin to speed knobs. Having been a 12 year plus Les Paul with top hats man graduating to this. I find myself oft fumbling with them.

So I’m going gold top hats and faux bone tuner buttons now!

That’ll be pretty sweet.

I get where the pickguard thing is coming from. Something just screams don’t to me though from deep down inside.

We aren’t too fond of pickguards in our bunch here actually. So I belong to a family where people (brother) take pickguards off their R9 (singular). I wonder what we’ll do if we come across a real 9!

Here’s how we look now.

Faux bone tuners, Amber switchtip, Gold knobs, Bareknuckle Mule unpotted bridge pickup. SD Custom shop neck (Alnico4), upgraded wiring with CTS pots and bumblebee caps.
Neck tone pot has a push pull for splitting neck coil

E4-AB3-DC3-CD70-4265-ACCF-650-D653-B8-B58.jpg

Back