Get your straps out

Arriving today...

510cwspmM2L._SL1500_.jpg

Do any of you find it odd how many straps are made with the “tails” being too short? I’m not exceptionally tall at 6 feet, and yet I have to have tails made longer. I’m not swinging the guitar around my knees either. Since many are adjustable, I don’t get why adding another 2” would be any big deal. Maybe bigger cows?

I mean most could use another 2” right? ;)

Do any of you find it odd how many straps are made with the “tails” being too short? I’m not exceptionally tall at 6 feet, and yet I have to have tails made longer. I’m not swinging the guitar around my knees either. Since many are adjustable, I don’t get why adding another 2” would be any big deal. Maybe bigger cows?

Absolutely agree!

That is the main thing that annoys me as well. I’m 6’1 and not that I wear my guitars super low but my singlecuts for them to be comfortable I always need a longer strap. Glad I finally found a few that I can adjust to be good for specific guitars.

That is the main thing that annoys me as well. I’m 6’1 and not that I wear my guitars super low but my singlecuts for them to be comfortable I always need a longer strap. Glad I finally found a few that I can adjust to be good for specific guitars.

I’ve gone to a leather shop, “Moonstone”, in Nashville, IN, and they will make a longer tail for a few bucks. There’s one pictured with my wide black Moody’s strap.

I just said the same thing to my wife this week (about the straps being too short, not about 11top needing a couple inches). And I'm only 5' 9" (vertically and horizontally).

Just about had a “prolapse” (dangerous thing for a man of my age!) reading @11top s reply.

I bet some producer has made for the guitar a -

“Jock Strap”

Ok guys, you played football/rugby at school and laughed at the folk in marching band. Now you realise it’s cool to play guitar at 40+, get yourself a

“JOCK STRAP!”

Comes in regulation white, with that soft cotton feel, support where you need it!!:confused::oops:

As used by well known ‘70s Rock Band:

“Hernia Belt”!!:D

Sometimes our accessories can be as artful as our Guitars. Who has interesting, unusual, beautiful but functional guitar straps to show? I'll start; the Tan with Gold Eagle is a Perri's real leather. Although not officially a PRS, it does look that way. The other one is a fake snakeskin strap I found on amazon. I thought it would look cool on my acoustic. I wasn't wrong.

LhkNuMs.jpg

I really like the eagle... it should be a PRS signature model.

Couch, you can play with that thang down to your ankles. Boy, that sounds wrong...but so right.

being pretty big, i have trouble finding a strap that is long enough to hang my guitar at an easy to reach low point. but i do believe that each guitar deserves her own private strap
so i have 14 dunlop straps (of the lucky 13 line - might look goofy on stage, but i don't care), 1 mono (padded) strap for a heavier guitar (which i made a bit longer) and one 1 brent hinds signature strap (which i find too short but looks extremely cool)

Just a thought for those who say their straps aren't long enough, perhaps you can try an Amish harness maker/leather worker (in the States anyway) or a local custom leather shop?

Back