Get your straps out

Wakester

Re Member
Sometimes our accessories can be as artful as our Guitars. Who has interesting, unusual, beautiful but functional guitar straps to show? I'll start; the Tan with Gold Eagle is a Perri's real leather. Although not officially a PRS, it does look that way. The other one is a fake snakeskin strap I found on amazon. I thought it would look cool on my acoustic. I wasn't wrong.

LhkNuMs.jpg

Last edited:
I have the black PRS paisley strap for my cherry burst Hollowbody, the brown paisley for my blonde acoustic...

I've used the same $20 dollar Ernie Ball straps my entire life. I've thought about getting some fancy ones, but I've never been able to find any long enough that I like..... :confused:

I used to keep my guitar around my knees. It's gone up some, but not much :rolleyes:

I used the Ernie Balls for 20+ years, the old ones before they made them super long. When I got my 594 in 2016, I decided to get fancy.

Finding straps I really like is hard. I too used to rock the cheap @ss nylon straps out of sheer frustration. Here's my pile:

xlzNqYy.jpg

As usual, the only reason I'm lookin' good and soundin' nice is because of you guys. The white one was a gift from veinbuster and finds work on exactly one guitar. The fancy pants padded strap was a birthday gift from my homie Shawn. The embroidered one looked way better in the ad, the black one is what I used to rock for everything, the hippie one came with a bass I bought for $100 off of CL, and the last one came with my sister's bass that's now mine ( I can only assume she let one of her kids pick it out when they were younger). I keep the swag ones around 'cause I keep thinking I'll break out the sewing machine and make a matching LV and Gucci strap for the respective guitars but... I have a lot of projects backlogged.

straps.jpg

A good chunk of the straps I have. Haven't found a use for the Penguins strap yet - those nylon jobs don't serve me well any more. The solar system job is my designated acoustic strap. The padded one gets most of the playing time. The Who is set up shorter just to change ergonomics from time to time. The paisley is dedicated to my PS. The Rocky Horror lips stays on my basses. The one on the left has the strap lock reversed on the visible end because it's dedicated to my Rhoads model, which attaches behind the neck. I told my wife it's metal studs for a metal stud. She said, "So when are you going to give it to him?"

And kudos to the OP for starting this thread. Glad to see it's been much more successful than my attempt at a similar thread a couple years ago, the unfortunately-named "Let's Get Your Strap On".

straps.jpg

A good chunk of the straps I have. Haven't found a use for the Penguins strap yet - those nylon jobs don't serve me well any more. The solar system job is my designated acoustic strap. The padded one gets most of the playing time. The Who is set up shorter just to change ergonomics from time to time. The paisley is dedicated to my PS. The Rocky Horror lips stays on my basses. The one on the left has the strap lock reversed on the visible end because it's dedicated to my Rhoads model, which attaches behind the neck. I told my wife it's metal studs for a metal stud. She said, "So when are you going to give it to him?"

And kudos to the OP for starting this thread. Glad to see it's been much more successful than my attempt at a similar thread a couple years ago, the unfortunately-named "Let's Get Your Strap On".

I think Shawn would really like the 2nd one from the left

I was so tempted to title this that exact phrase, but decided it may be a little over the top, and would wind up getting more than I bargained for, or banned, or both.

I think Shawn would really like the 2nd one from the left

I've got another one that's a tad more subdued (not sub-dude). Might be better for staying less flashy.

gdaie7hy9r79c4zbozdx.jpg

Not actually rhinestones on the strap - just a printed image.

But thanks to this, I think I'm ordering three new Kiss straps. Including a solo albums one. That's just an iconic image for me.

Back