Get your straps out

Nice! I've looked at them before and was always curious about the quality of leather.
This is my second one, the first is on me A55E.

L1FYFuO.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'll play. Here are my go to's, but I do have others, just not worthy for this esteemed thread. Then again, these aren't exactly "write home to Ma" straps.
51103330265_03ba954634_o.jpg

From top to bottom we have:
  1. Kliq strap - Love it, super comfortable, but a few inches to long for my preferred length. I wear my guitars (bass and six string) very high. Looks like ****, but it is what is most comfortable for me and my hand positions.
  2. Anthology - Walk The Line - Whiskey Brown Leather Guitar Strap - B-STOCK - Got a great deal on this one and it is my favorite strap. Using it every day on both PRS's for the time being (until they get their own custom straps)
  3. Peace - Got this one in late 1990's and it has been my main strap until about a year ago. Now it is used exclusively for my Hwy 1 Strat.
  4. Double Treble custom Moondog Wily strap - Just had this one made by a guy named Nick in New Jersey. https://www.doubletreble.com/guitarStrapShop.jsp I could not believe how many strap makers did NOT want to make my custom strap (including Couch). I have yet to use this one, as it is intended for my Martins and since acquiring my first and second PRS's this year, my Martins have been dormant ;~((
  5. Levy - I use this exclusively for my MM Stingray. Very comfy. I think Gator owns Levy's now.
Thanks to others for posting some of your straps. Definitely a few I viewed that I would like to get my shoulder under!

Cheers~
MW

I've been hooked on Couch straps for about a decade now. No leather at all and a lot of their material is leftover from car manufacturing (70s-80s era VW, Mercedes, Ford, etc). Really great stuff.

qtuYDuH.jpg

What are those red discs and how did you get to fit on between guitar body and bottom of strap button. I have a hard enough time getting any strap on my PRSi. But these look like they probably create more firm attachments. Thanks for any info.

What are those red discs and how did you get to fit on between guitar body and bottom of strap button. I have a hard enough time getting any strap on my PRSi. But these look like they probably create more firm attachments. Thanks for any info.

I can't use the PRS strap buttons as they have so little clearance, even for just the strap. I change all of my buttons to Dunlop 7100 buttons as they have a larger head as well as more clearance for the strap.

If you check on eBay, there are a couple of sellers that will sell you an entire sheet of them (24 total) for under $20, which is a way better deal than the $7 per pair that a lot of sellers list them for.

5p2D8oA.jpg

My fav strap/guitar combo that I own. I permanently hang this guitar on the wall with the strap to always admire the beautiful work of art. The matching abalone in the truss rod and bone pins with the binding and inlays…to the brown hand made leather strap with feathers…to me it doesn’t get much better than this. I hung this in my bedroom across my bed to always see this work of art. And then grab it and jam.

Red Monkey straps are nice but pricey. I'd love to get one of the Steve Stevens straps as I love the look of that one.

They are on the pricey side but the majority of the ones ive bought have been in the $90ish range, The HeisterCamps were a lot more money after exchange rates from UK to USA. And I figure ive spent so much money on the Guitars I might as well have em hanging from a nice strap lol.

I feel like Patrick Bateman regarding all your straps...without the other urges...they are so nice! Really great when the strap compliments the guitar and I agree, that's part of the fun.

mzanTyk.jpg
Where did you get this one! Wowsers

Back