german eagles?

That guitars has been for sale for like, twelve years.

I dunno... I mean, I say this as a descendant of Austrian and German immigrants, and I know it’s wrong, but I’m always a little suspicious of any sort of iconography from over by there. :rolleyes:

ach, i preferred when hitler was the butt of jokes, but i guess those people (chaplin, welles, mcqueen, my granddad) died and now everyone is totally solemn.

i don’t mind the eagles at all (i do mind the dots in between), just curious if anyone had seen these.

Weren’t they mentioned by Linda Ronstadt in song?

Silver thread and German Eagles
Cannot mend this heart of mine

Last edited:
So...there's a guitar where the Zebras look awesome!!!
And like the Eagles...Especially Pre-Long Run...;):D
(I actually do like 'em.)

Last edited:
So...there's a guitar where the Zebras look awesome!!!

It’s all about the black pickup rings. They make zebras look way more bad@ss.

For example, before:

3-ACA1914-44-F6-4-EF3-A95-B-AEFE5368-EE81.jpg

And, after:

A350996-F-6-CAE-4084-9-A74-E83534942-EBF.jpg

Last edited:
When Peter Wolf left PRS in February of 2009 as the Director of Global Sales and Marketing, he sold multiple guitars. One of the instruments was a Private Stock McCarty with Camel inlay (page 90 of PRS Guitar Book, by Dave Burrluck). Pretty sure there was also a Sig model in Vintage Sunburst (and Deep Dish 2 pickup) that he sold. I believe that's the guitar he used for most of the work he did with his band Supernatural. And then... there was this CE.

If my memory serves -- my knowledge of PRS history is fading -- Peter and Mike Deely (who did the inlay) affectionately refer to this guitar as the Soup Chicken. I'm fairly certain Peter is from Koblenz (Deutschland). This is the source of the Bundesadler inlay.

It's a cool guitar with a fun story. Peter, former owner of PRS Guitars Germany and co-founder of Knaggs Guitars, offered it up to Markie, PfennRock, and I at Joe's house in the summer of 2009. The asking price was, and remains, a bit high. If the fretboard really is Brazilian Rosewood, it would certainly increase the value of the instrument. Even then, current value is nowhere near the current asking price. That's just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
hey hey! thanks ‘german hans’, just what i wanted to know.

When Peter Wolf left PRS in February of 2009 as the Director of Global Sales and Marketing, he sold multiple guitars. One of the instruments was a Private Stock McCarty with Camel inlay (page 90 of PRS Guitar Book, by Dave Burrluck). Pretty sure there was also a Sig model in Vintage Sunburst (and Deep Dish 2 pickup) that he sold. I believe that's the guitar he used for most of the work he did with his band Supernatural. And then... there was this CE.

If my memory serves -- my knowledge of PRS history is fading -- Peter and Mike Deely (who did the inlay) affectionately refer to this guitar as the Soup Chicken. I'm fairly certain Peter is from Koblenz (Deutschland). This is the source of the Bundesadler inlay.

It's a cool guitar with a fun story. Peter, former owner of PRS Guitars Germany and co-founder of Knaggs Guitars, offered it up to Markie, PfennRock, and I at Joe's house in the summer of 2009. The asking price was, and remains, a bit high. If the fretboard really is Brazilian Rosewood, it would certainly increase the value of the instrument. Even then, current value is nowhere near the current asking price. That's just my opinion, of course.

Back