George Lynch's PRSi

bdaley

Apologies if this in the wrong place - Can anyone shed some light on the build spec for the two (or more) PRSi that George has been seen and used around the time of the Second Lynch Mob album (around 1991 or so)? I know one is Vintage Yellow and the other appears to be Royal Blue. They might be CE's with birds or CU24's....I know in several articles he was really fond of the Deep Dish II (IIRC) and really was digging it in the neck for soloing. Pretty sure the solo on Tangled in the Web was recorded with it...I'm sure among others...Is this PU still available special order or has it gone by the wayside?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Bill

Apologies if this in the wrong place - Can anyone shed some light on the build spec for the two (or more) PRSi that George has been seen and used around the time of the Second Lynch Mob album (around 1991 or so)? I know one is Vintage Yellow and the other appears to be Royal Blue. They might be CE's with birds or CU24's....I know in several articles he was really fond of the Deep Dish II (IIRC) and really was digging it in the neck for soloing. Pretty sure the solo on Tangled in the Web was recorded with it...I'm sure among others...Is this PU still available special order or has it gone by the wayside?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Bill

You'll have to hunt for a Deep Dish pickup. They come up, not often though, on the used market. Pretty sure they were Cu24s. From the videos I've seen from that time period, the necks appear to be finished, which would not be the case on a CE.

Back