"General Discussion?"

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I played baseball from the time I was 6 through 14. Only stopped because I played tennis in high school so I started playing softball at 15. I played tennis and basketball in high school and in college. I played basketball, softball and flag football in leagues until mid 40s, and. I played basketball and softball until my mid 50s in leagues. Still play basketball a few times a year at open gyms.

How were you at penmanship?

Personally, my teachers gave me only marginal grades for my penmanship; eventually wrote in block letters because my note-taking was easier than script. To this day, I don't enjoy writing handwritten letters because of my atrocious handwriting.

Sounds like you were a relatively active youth. My younger bro is trying to regain some of his youth with a good exercise routine, and now weighs less than me, though he's 6'3" compared to my 5'7".

You doing the same with your activities?

Last edited:
How were you at penmanship?

Ok... really? Well then, terrible. I’ve printed everything since I was 16.

Sounds like you were a relatively active youth. My younger bro is trying to regain some of his youth with a good exercise routine, and now weighs less than me, though he's 6'3" compared to my 5'7".

You doing the same with your activities?

It’s no secret here that I’ve been a jock my whole life. If I’m not playing sports, I’m working out. Still. Never stopped. I’m 6’3” and 185lbs. Never been over 190. So, not so much trying to “regain” as to “not lose.”

Ok... really? Well then, terrible. I’ve printed everything since I was 16.

It’s no secret here that I’ve been a jock my whole life. If I’m not playing sports, I’m working out. Still. Never stopped. I’m 6’3” and 185lbs. Never been over 190. So, not so much trying to “regain” as to “not lose.”

we have height in common but i maxed out at 210 pounds when i was 25, doing stormwater field work and eating for two. i told a guy i worked with and he was like ‘jim you weigh as much as evander holifield!’

good times.

boo hoo guess i’ll survive with my cool hot wife and millions of dollars and dio records.

You have millions of dollars? And Dio records? I knew I liked you! I mean, I liked you before the millions, of course. But now, yeah. Can I have you cell#?
:p

Reactions: jxe
Ok... really? Well then, terrible. I’ve printed everything since I was 16. It’s no secret here that I’ve been a jock my whole life. If I’m not playing sports, I’m working out. Still. Never stopped. I’m 6’3” and 185lbs. Never been over 190. So, not so much trying to “regain” as to “not lose.”

Good for you! After my 2nd tenure at college, I gained 20 lbs and it's been a slowly increasing struggle to maintain my weight. You are in better shape (for me, round is a shape) than I could ever hope to be. Am not sad yet (my health care coverage will be discontinuing fitness coverage in 2021) and will likely look for better insurance so my shoulder impingement PT doesn't go to waste. (No pun intended)

I used to run cross-country in high school, but my knees won't allow that currently. Am planning on strengthening before doing the cardio (gym personal trainer's rule) which will help lose the weight. Realistically, about 190 would be a reasonable goal for me. Will need to stop reaching into the kitchen cabinet at night and enjoy my tea with something more sensible.

My younger bro did the Numo (?) exercise program and shed about 75 lbs., down from 290. While I eat nutritious meals, the portion control seems to be the issue. (The appestat tells me I can eat more).

@danktat posted recently about his weight loss journey. Kudos to you both on being good examples for manly men...:)

I came up with a theory some years ago that if you gain half a pound a year, you won’t get wrinkles. I feel I owe it to science to continue the experiment.

holydriver.jpeg

I came up with a theory some years ago that if you gain half a pound a year, you won’t get wrinkles.

***Puts on visor, sharpens pencil, loads roll of paper in adding machine***

So half a pound a year...*click*click*click*...divided into current weight....*click*click*click*....and....crap, I'm over a thousand years old?!

But I am smooth as a baby's ass....;)

Back