"General Discussion?"

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Yeah, they’re super fun.

I think pets are great for lonely people, but a total PITA for folks that have other stuff to do.

My dog guards my PRS and keeps it from getting lonely when I'm away doing my other stuff. Well worth the PITA and no ones ever lonely...

Screenshot_20200930-125127_Gallery0d871361dd3b67a7.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, they’re super fun.

I think pets are great for lonely people, but a total PITA for folks that have other stuff to do.

We used to own a cat some years ago that needed insulin after his housebound ways added to his portly demeanor. It was sad to see him slowly waste away, so we eventually did the only honorable thing and had the cat euthanized. Doing so relieved his suffering. We have not owned a pet since, nor can we afford to keep one at our current apartments.

Studies say that folks who own pets live longer, but that may be because they exercise a pet rather than let him live a sedentary life. Too much info there...yup.

Missed it all, because Mrs A wants to move house.

Howie are you misbehaving again?!;)

Enjoy, Reub. My friend from WA State did the same thing recently and I've yet to catch up with her and learn about how her move went.

Regards Howie, he find lots to do and is always up to his old tricks. Isn't always easy keeping up with him, but the experience grows with you.

Missed it all, because Mrs A wants to move house.

Howie are you misbehaving again?!;)
Quoting movie lines is a thing with me. Caddyshack is an alltime favorite of mine. I didn’t start it, but could not resist joining in.

But, if quoting funny movie lines is causing trouble, then I am both guilty, and in the wrong place. ;)

For what it’s worth, I did try to start another military-themed thread, but I have to say, “Let’s Talk About Privates” got shut down real fast.
Pretty much fizzled out after Gomer and Beetle Bailey and, well I’ve never really heard of that last guy. Was he a private?

Who are you calling some people?!?!!!!
YOU! :p I mean, who ELSE doesn’t like blue? Blue is nice. Blue is pretty. Blue is the color of my pants right now! And boxers if I’m being completely honest.

There’s navy blue, and bright blue and all kinds of shades of blue that are just SO nice. I can’t imagine ANYONE not liking blue! It’s almost like you think it’s green or something! I’ve never liked anything green in my life! Well, I mean I love with the grass and trees turn green, but that’s more because it means SPRING! And , now that I think about it my wife did have a green pair of Guess jeans that were... well I’m not a big drooler but I am human. But wait, this is not about that. This is about BLUE. My two best guitars are blue. They are beautiful! (I do miss those green Guess jeans though, and now I’ll be thinking about those all night. :rolleyes:).

does lou reed have a place in prayer and worship and if so how is it not all t-rex?

Half the crowd is yelling, "Get a room," while the other half is yelling, "Hit him again." Whose side are you on? :rolleyes:

(TBH, I really wasn't invited to this shindig, but will try ringing the doorbell tomorrow at 8AM to wake DTR and let him know his newspaper's arrived.)

(TBH, I really wasn't invited to this shindig, but will try ringing the doorbell tomorrow at 8AM to wake DTR and let him know his newspaper's arrived.)
Unlike some parties here, this one is not "invitation only." I love everyone, so I have an open door policy. But you do have to act right once you come in, so straighten up before I have to sic Sergio's cat on you. He's been trained to pee on your your shoes if you act up. You don't want your favorite pair of loafers ruined, now, do you?

Back