Gauging interest: Sweet switch "reissue"?

guitargeek62

As part of the restoration of my newly-found '87, I'm looking at making a small batch of sweet switches for resale using the original components as the 80s models would have had. I've tracked down suppliers of the exact switches and chips, and should be able to turn them around for a modest price, albeit with S&H required from the UK to wherever the customers may be (assuming mostly the U.S.). :)

If there seems to be enough interest in this then I'll place an order and make a listing for them on here/Reverb or similar.

I'm also looking to offer "tweaked" versions that are slightly brighter, or slightly darker than the original circuit, using the same approach to the design but different values.

Note: could be offered with OR without the elusive washer! o_O

Last edited:
I really need a sweet switch replacement could you get me one or the aftermarket solution?

Or Rodney Dangerfield. Both can be true.

dear dr. tigs:

a lady acquaintance observed that no one who hasn't seen 'love island uk' would understand what 'you're punchin' is so allow me: this is an abridged version of 'punching above his weight', and is what you say to a bro whose girlfriend is above his class or 'out of his league' if you are a bowler or boatswain. i believe 11top is another example.

further, i was attempting a rhyme by referrring to you,' the comedian' -- and not your wife --, as henny youngman. it's after something i read on a t-shirt at some gareth pugh show:

2011_11_henry-holland-designer-tees.0.jpg

in any case, i would not have you or anyone think i would compare the right mz. dr. tigs to an old vaudvillian -- when i was in fact not trying to start a duel.

i remain,
very truly
your friend --
jx

dear dr. tigs:

a lady acquaintance observed that no one who hasn't seen 'love island uk' would understand what 'you're punchin' is so allow me: this is an abridged version of 'punching above his weight', and is what you say to a bro whose girlfriend is above his class or 'out of his league' if you are a bowler or boatswain. i believe 11top is another example.

further, i was attempting a rhyme by referrring to you,' the comedian' -- and not your wife --, as henny youngman. it's after something i read on a t-shirt at some gareth pugh show:

2011_11_henry-holland-designer-tees.0.jpg

in any case, i would not have you or anyone think i would compare the right mz. dr. tigs to an old vaudvillian -- when i was in fact not trying to start a duel.

i remain,
very truly
your friend --
jx

Oh, not the least bit upset. And I've said for years my wife is a much better catch than I am - her only questionable quality is her taste in men.

Back