GASing for a Mesa Boogie Mark v

I started this thread in January. Here’s where I’ve finally ended up - MkV 25 combo, B-stock from Sweetwater, compact wide body 1x12 open from Craigslist, Fryette PS2 from Craigslist. I started with. Bugera PS-1 (PS-2? Whichever). It just didn’t work that well for as quiet as I sometimes play. I also have a Pod Go that was mainly for a multi effects pedal. As stated somewhere in this thread, I’ve finally (kinda) put the credit card down and started practicing more….

HNxyzWZ.jpg
Most excellent.

Lol, I’m not really sure what I’m doing with the Pod Go thing. It’s easier to just plug into the Mesa. I’ve been messing with a fat clean tone on ch 2 extreme and crunch on 1. Got the idea from someone on the telecaster forum. It’s kinda interesting. MkIII on the Pod Go would be funny. I’ll have to see if it is an option…

I'm kinda late to the party but glad you're sorting things out, killer looking setup too! I'm in the interim phase of amp considerations but I'm seriously looking at the Archon 50 combo as my next necessity (do NOT tell herself!). I have nothing against the Mesa at all, but it's just me wanting the Archon more (personal thing).

I'm kinda late to the party but glad you're sorting things out, killer looking setup too! I'm in the interim phase of amp considerations but I'm seriously looking at the Archon 50 combo as my next necessity (do NOT tell herself!). I have nothing against the Mesa at all, but it's just me wanting the Archon more (personal thing).
That’s the same reason for the Mesa. I’m a 50+ year Santana fan, though really, 50 years of Abraxas… I considered a used Archon 25, and one could make a good case for it being a better choice. Certainly a cheaper one. In the end, I’m very happy with what I have. If I ever outgrow the Pod Go, I think the modeling side is where I’d upgrade - I doubt I could ever outgrow the Mesa rig. Right now, my time needs to be spent working past beginner skill level!

That’s the same reason for the Mesa. I’m a 50+ year Santana fan, though really, 50 years of Abraxas… I considered a used Archon 25, and one could make a good case for it being a better choice. Certainly a cheaper one. In the end, I’m very happy with what I have. If I ever outgrow the Pod Go, I think the modeling side is where I’d upgrade - I doubt I could ever outgrow the Mesa rig. Right now, my time needs to be spent working past beginner skill level!
We're a bit alike I think, with just slightly different allegiances. I still consider myself less than accomplished but with a definite focus on where I want to go with playing. I've always had the knack for really getting absorbed in things at a later stage in life, kind of my personal mantra I think. But what started 20 years ago as a part time hobby with a few friends has developed into my prime directive with my coming retirement. Kind of fitting as a fixed income fits right in with most musicians always being broke anyway.
Well, unless yer a guitar player/lawyer :D

Back