• S2 Mira

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • SE ChrisRobertson

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • SE Bernie

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

justjoshin

Thinking of getting a new guitar and put my options into a poll to see what everyone else would pick if these were the 4 options. I do no like a tremolo bridge so I have narrowed it down to these 4 that have my interest. I know most people would say to go try them out but I have only been able to find the CR locally to try so far. I imagine the Bernie would be very close to the ZM & 245 I have now. Look forward to see what you guys have to say and how the vote goes!
Josh

I love the Bernie, but the pickups in the CR have my attention. I’d really like to hear the 57/08s.

However, the Mira is such a solid-no brainer guitar. They’re (subjectively) not the most sexy guitars, but man are they full of tone and sofaking comfortable. To be honest, I’d look for a used core model Mira, we’re talking like, $750 at the moment. There isn’t a better guitar for that kind of money.

I'd kill anyone who tried to take my Bernie off me, that being said the I would probably say the CR is in equal first place, the pickups are fantastic. It can do pretty much everything the Bernie can do but then you also have that beautiful flutey P90 tone, the bridge split is really nice and the mixed position is like a fat tele and on mine (don't know if this a wiring fault but the mixed position with full bridge sounds almost Peter Green out of phase) mine is one of the 2018 with 57/08s. Hell get the Bernie first (before production stops) and then get the Chris Robertson cause I promise it wont be by your only SE for long.

@ScottR hey buddy could you check your pick readings and see if they tally with these? I'm a little confused over the reading the full bridge engaged

Pickup specs =
P-90 = 7.84k
57/08 = 9.31 (tapped) = 6.09
Both pickups with bridge = 4.26 (Peter Green ish "supernatural" tone) ?
Both pickups with bridge tapped = 3.43

@sergiodeblanc I have a mate who has a Custom 22 with 57/08's and comparing the bridge pickups the "S" version stacks up quite well against the US version - it doesn't have quite the power or vibrancy but I bet a decent quality magnet would get it that bit closer, I feel it sounds similar to the 2001 McCarty bridge pickup.

how is the zach meyers not 20% better than the bernie, it’s hollow? only problem it it only comes in green jeans green so i am not allowed to have one. how long in a tanning bed to bleach out all the blue, do we know?

Tough one. Like others here, the CR is intriguing!
Sergio brings up a good point though. A core Mira is ridiculous bang/buck ratio.
Depends on if you must have new or used maybe.
And the Bernie... yum.

Gotta vote Mira as well, on the basis that you already have a couple Singlecuts. The Mira really is a superb guitar. I would decide whether you want 22 or 24 frets, and let that guitar your decision as to a used Core or S2.

Also, have you considered a Vela? It has a pickup combo closer to the CR, and body closer to the Mira, and would contrast your SE’s nicely.

Whatever you do, I say go for an S2. The SE’s are certainly nice - I have 3 - but the S2’s have a great feel and resonance all their own.

how is the zach meyers not 20% better than the bernie, it’s hollow? only problem it it only comes in green jeans green so i am not allowed to have one. how long in a tanning bed to bleach out all the blue, do we know?
Why aren’t you allowed? I love the color of my ZM.

Interesting results so far. Seems like it would be a tough choice for not only me between these. From looks alone I really like the S2 singlecut in moss green but it seems to be only available at Sweetwater.

she mostly approves of day-glo and metallic sparkles.

Well then, you should marry the woman...she's definitely a keeper.

I will be willing to bet @sergiodeblanc will concur.;)

EDIT: I missed the "I'm not allowed to" part until just now...obviously you already married her...if not Caviat Emptor dude...o_O

Last edited:
@Fullmoon 1971

I dont have a meter but I need to get one anyway...I have however heard a difference with the split on but only a couple of times. I thought it was a faulty pot (no meter to verify) or a bad solder point.. I checked them, and all was well. All the connections were clean. I usually practice with headphones thru a Line 6 Poket Pod. The volume and gain are flakey at best with that little thing, so until you mentioned this, I chalked it up to the pod being the issue.

Anyway, I know a guy that is probably the CRs biggest fan of all;)...he has both the world wide release and the earlier UK only with the US 57/08. He told me when he played them side by side he noticed the 57/08 "S" was (to his ears) a "Little Hotter" than the US version. I talked to him yesterday and he's gonna check his as well. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
C
@Fullmoon 1971

I dont have a meter but I need to get one anyway...I have however heard a difference with the split on but only a couple of times. I thought it was a faulty pot (no meter to verify) or a bad solder point.. I checked them, and all was well. All the connections were clean. I usually practice with headphones thru a Line 6 Poket Pod. The volume and gain are flakey at best with that little thing, so until you mentioned this, I chalked it up to the pod being the issue.

Anyway, I know a guy that is probably the CRs biggest fan of all;)...he has both the world wide release and the earlier UK only with the US 57/08. He told me when he played them side by side he noticed the 57/08 "S" was (to his ears) a "Little Hotter" than the US version. I talked to him yesterday and he's gonna check his as well. Stay tuned.

Cheers mate, thats great

Got the used core Mira... Love it...
Guess I need to find a Bernie next...
Installed an adjustable PRS bridge...
uyenwweynjjhu6lz3ct3.jpg

Got the used core Mira... Love it...
Guess I need to find a Bernie next...
Installed an adjustable PRS bridge...
uyenwweynjjhu6lz3ct3.jpg

Ooooooo! I dig that the finish is rediculously good and the hollow birds are hands down my favorite! Killer score!

Back