Gary Moore - Parsienne Walkways Live Montreux 2010

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Really diggin' the long sustaining notes he gets, especially at 3:27, and check out the facial expression.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched it again, incredible tone and sound even when playing just a few notes.
What is he running, '57 PAFs?

The guitar he's playing appears to be the infamous Greenie, an honest-to-goodness 1959 Les Paul Standard originally owned by Peter Green in the early days of Fleetwood Mack, then by Gary Moore, and eventually by Kirk Hammett. :eek:

The story goes that the neck pickup had to be rewound while Green owned it and ended up with the magnet getting flipped, causing the two pickups to be out of phase in the middle position. The tech tried to rotate the PU 180 degrees to fix it, which is why the screw coil is on the inside rather than the outside; however, that didn't get rid of the out of phase sound -- you'd need to either flip the magnet or reverse the hot and ground wires to do that. Anyway, Green decided that he liked the squawk-y out-of-phase middle position tone, and it became his signature sound.

Last edited:
Moore played with an emotional intensity that was, and still is, unmatched. While that 'other' Les Paul player(you know who) wears me out, I could listen to Moore all day and night.

"Still got the blues" was my blues beginning. I longed for the day I could get through that opening riff. Just had to smile when I finally got it. Can't do the whole song like GM though. He is one of my 3 note players.

Love Gary Moore, and especially PW. There's still a soft spot in my heart for the Victims Of The Future album. I picked up a UK remaster a couple years ago, and it still throws me because there are a couple bits that weren't on the US album that I've played for so many years.

Back