Funny Guitar Center Coupon

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
Got an email from my local Guitar Center telling me that they 'missed me' and that I have 20% my next purchase over $49...Great~! Until you look at the 'exclusions'...

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, BAE, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bose, BOSS, Burl Audio, Caparison Guitars, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D.W. Fearn, Dangerous Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Dean Markley, Duesenberg USA, EarthQuaker Devices, Earthworks, Electro-Harmonix, elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, Gallien-Krueger, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Golden Age Project, GoPro, HeadRush, Heritage Audio, iConnectivity, ISP Technologies, iZotope, JHS Pedals, Kali Audio, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lâg Guitars, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Mackie, Manley, Marshall, Martin, MEINL, Metric Halo, Millennia, Milkman Sound, Mojave Audio, Moog, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Paiste, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Primacoustic, PRS, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Royer, Ruach Music, sE Electronics, Sennheiser, Serato, S.E. Shires, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soundbrenner, Source Audio, Squier, Steven Slate Drums, Studiologic, Supro, Suzuki, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, TELEFUNKEN, Teletronix, Toft Audio Designs, Tone King, Tube-Tech, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Westone, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT, ZVex.

...mmmm...not sure what choices I have left...D'Addario strings? They sell them at retail, my local sales tax is 8.25% too, time/gas round trip to the store...and all the cool pedals makers, if I wanted one, are on the list too...(deleted email...)

IIRC, all you have to do is add a pack of strings (or something like that) to your purchase and you can still get the discount, even on the “excluded” brands.

I think many of us have recently the mailed coupons once in a while with GC's occasional advertisements. It's marvelous how they list a ton of excluded items, but leave you wondering, WTH is left?

IIRC, all you have to do is add a pack of strings (or something like that) to your purchase and you can still get the discount, even on the “excluded” brands.

I tried your suggestion in their online store...I had a set of D'Addario strings and a Boss(excluded brand) Katana amp..applied coupon: rejected. Deleted the Boss amp, increased the quality of strings to exceed $49 and coupon accepted. So there you go...

I did it in store. A very helpful salesman showed this trick to another employee. Worked that time anyway, though I don’t remember which brand of strings.

Yeah, it's kinda academic for me even though I live very close to one...It's Reverb/Sweetwater/MF/whatever now. Even when they now have to charge state sales tax, it's not the usual 8.5%, but the 'real state sales tax' of 7.5%...the 1% is a local add on...by the way the 'internet state sales tax' is f'd up...I hate it...

I’ve picked up some killer deals at the GC near me on studio gear in the past, but the folks at the one near me are actually very knowledgeable. I still get my guitars and amps from my pal Jack.

I used to chuckle at GC here in Hawaii. They only arrived about 5 months ago in one store. Yet, for at least 15 yrs. I've regularly received coupons, deals, and such from them in the mail..."What, you want me to swim to L.A." ???...

Back