Fun in the Sun + belated NGD & Tone report

Toby

Hobby Private Stock Designer
As in my part of Germany we currently have 34 degrees C or roughly 93 degrees F I thought it would be cool to bring out my two PRSi. Two you might ask? Has he acquired the cash already to buy his pronounced real PRS Acoustic? Unfortunately not. Or not?

Fortunately PRS got that Summer Acoustic Sale happening in the SE Range that lead me to drop my original plan and cut waiting times massively (not just build times). I opted for an SE Alex Lifeson Model as its thinner body suited me better as the full size ones.
The setup on the try-one @ Musicstore Germany was terribly high, but I figured it was caused by bending wood due to hanging directly under a thick headlight about 10 inches away of the guitar. So I bought one nevertheless. And man, great choice!

Very very even wavy pattern on the Top which is wicked! It ain't be that visible under sun light so this will be the one pic that isn't made under sunlight. The Dao is also partly heavily figured, mainly the back.
It can get sooo quiet and on the other hand you can smash chords in the face of you crowd (which basically is my cat... At times...) cause its really loud. Unfortunately it is a little to warm for my taste but thats normal cause there are no maple or ebony versions in the SE range.

May one of you has a good string recommendation for me to brighten her sound up?

Enough talk - I know what you want, so here you go!

Room picture for the wavy stuff (flames?)
IMG_1993_zpstsgho4kr.jpg

Outside fun!
IMG_2687_zpshsf3th7g.jpg

IMG_2686_zpsvirktmhc.jpg

IMG_2689_zpsmze4kv3c.jpg

IMG_2683_zpslqdmhjid.jpg

IMG_2698_zpsnvsjt3ba.jpg

IMG_2699_zpsddzu3fvb.jpg

IMG_2700_zpsnun8ybxg.jpg

IMG_2702_zps1ksllkxk.jpg

IMG_2706_zpscm1dpjkh.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that back on the Lifeson is indeed sweet - and the neck on your PS is DELICIOUS!

That's some warm weather you have there! Hope the cat enjoys your performances...

Man, that back on the Lifeson is indeed sweet - and the neck on your PS is DELICIOUS!

That's some warm weather you have there! Hope the cat enjoys your performances...

Both beauties! They will serve you well!
Two beauties!

Thank you all very much! Hope it for my cat either :D

Congrats on the acoustic and that PS neck is awesome
is it cocobolo?
Nice! Absolutely love the neck on your PS!

Thank you so much! Yes, it is indeed a cocobolo neck with cocobolo board, headstock veneer AND tuner buttons!

the guitars are awesome, but I have to say, i really like that strap on the PS as well. Who is it by?
I'd like to know about that strap as well. Can't quite make it out... It looks comfortable.

Beautiful guitars! That McCarty is a knockout. :)
That McCarty is gorgeous....

Thank you all! The strap is called a RightOn! Strap Mojo Charm Brown, already have two of these and a single black one to suit my guitars.
I have to admit this ain't a McCarthy it is a Custom 22. Certificate says so also. For me this leads to the question what gave you the point that it should be?
Maybe the differences aren't that clear to me as I thought?

Wow what a great collection, I especially like your PS. Very nice and the pictures turned out great.

Thank you very much, appreciate it :)

Two great looking guitars.
The back on the acoustic is especially nice.
The electric is off the charts - a great piece.

Thank you so much, the PS is really off the charts you are right! And yes this back is absolutely nice.

Nice! I need do do some outdoor shots one day.

Thank you - looking forward to this :)

Damn son. That's an SE?!?!? That's one well put together guitar...

And the electric is stonkin'!

Back