Fulltone wah question

The Fight

Long Hair Demigod
I have had every gen of the Fulltone wah and I seem to like the first gen original. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it seems to be fuller and doesn't mush up when playing low notes. I guess I should add that I don't really play leads with it but more like Alice in Chains - man in the box/ rooster type of stuff. That's probably why I like the original so much.

My question is, can you run the Fulltone CLYDE in 18 volts? I know alot if their products you can, like overdrive. I've looked on the web but can't really find what I'm looking for specifically for a Fulltone wah. The reason I really wanna try this out, is bcs I enjoyed what 18 volts did for my gain pedals, the clarity especially. I'm thinking it might just clean my wah up even more and possibly help to make the sound a bit tighter.
Thank for any help in advance! :)

Too bad you can't run at 18v, but it's an interesting question, anyway!

I think I've had all the iterations of the Fulltone wahs myself, but hung onto the most recent one longer than I usually do (bad buy-sell habit with pedals!). I honestly can't tell much difference in the general sound from version to version, but as we know, potentiometer tolerances are pretty wide, so individual examples can sound different from each other, since the main thing about a wah is how the pot works.

My guess is you simply got a really good sounding one, and it's smart to hang onto it!

My guess is you simply got a really good sounding one, and it's smart to hang onto it!

Yeah I think I'll hang on to it for a wile. I really liked the deluxe model though, the kind you have, very much a work horse of a wah. Not too many wahs can compare to that one in my opinion, so many serous options in terms of power and sound. I sold my deluxe bcs I wasn't using it that much and money got tight for a minute and I knew I could sell that one, looks bad ass and a very head turning design. But as far as the original, sheesh they are more expensive than I remember, I'm kinda glad I kept it. :)

Yeah I think I'll hang on to it for a wile. I really liked the deluxe model though, the kind you have, very much a work horse of a wah. Not too many wahs can compare to that one in my opinion, so many serous options in terms of power and sound. I sold my deluxe bcs I wasn't using it that much and money got tight for a minute and I knew I could sell that one, looks bad ass and a very head turning design. But as far as the original, sheesh they are more expensive than I remember, I'm kinda glad I kept it. :)

I got the Deluxe because I figured I'd occasionally want to employ the extra stuff it does, although I tend to set the wah up a certain way and then rarely switch it; I doubt I'd miss those features, but what the heck! They're there, so I make use of them every so once in a blue moon...

Back