Full Circle...NGD!!!

drawshot

Just one more...and that's it!
So, I have returned to my 'roots,' a bit.

My PRSi journey has been fun as hell, and what started with a basic SE CU24 morphed over time to now owning an incredible Core Custom, with a 10-top 594 on order for delivery in the late winter or early spring.

I went to my local shop to buy my son a tuner for his violin...and happened upon a brand new SE ZM with a wicked nice veneer in stunning Trampas Green. I just HAD to try it out...to satisfy my curiosity regarding wide-fat satin necks and semi-hollow construction.

Next thing I know (I must have blacked out for a minute), I'm driving home with a gig bag containing a new acquisition.

I tried to find reasons to hate it, last night. I tried to find a single flaw. I tried to nit-pick every detail...and came up with an empty list of 'Cons.' There are none.

It stayed perfectly in tune for hours after a change to NYXL 10s. It resonates like a beast. The action is perfect. The neck is slick as can be.

Daddy is happy. Daddy owes you all pictures. Daddy will do that after another few hours playing.

Daddy lost track of time, stringing chord progressions together...figuring out a way to become famous and start my world tour. :)

Here are a couple of my newest 6-string wonder, and a few 'family photos,' for good measure.

Thou shalt not judge LP ownership! I like it.....so there!! ;)

Last edited:
Hey, Dad...pics or I'm using the lawn mower to carve naughty drawings in the yard.

Lmao! I was typing while you were posting. :p

Last edited:
That's a nice flame on that one.

I know, right?

I've seen some veneers that looked really sharp, and others that were pretty 'standard' fare...and this one, I thought, was gorgeous.

I couldn't be any more thrilled with it. I feel like everything about it is a home run. Looks, feel, sound, fit and finish...it's all top notch. It is EASILY as good as the S2s I used to own. E.A.S.I.L.Y.!!!!!

The empty hanger is my placeholder for the 594 I have on order. I'm pretty pleased with my wall-of-guilty-pleasures.

Very nice. When I bought my Bernie, this model was a very very close second. I almost bought both, but my bank account said no.

Very nice. When I bought my Bernie, this model was a very very close second. I almost bought both, but my bank account said no.

I hear ya.

I want a Bernie, too...but can't seem to find any locally, so I can try one out.

All I've heard about them is great, and would love to own one...but they're hard to come by around my neck of the woods.

My empty wall hanger is for my inbound 594...but I DO have a nice floor stand that is feeling unused and unloved.... :)

Daddy lost track of time, stringing chord progressions together...figuring out a way to become famous and start my world tour. :)

Here are a couple of my newest 6-string wonder, and a few 'family photos,' for good measure.

Thou shalt not judge LP ownership! I like it.....so there!! ;)
Hey, nothing wrong with a good LP! The biggest issue I have with LPs (and most F&G product for the last four decades) is the apparent inconsistency - a "keeper" is rarer than it should be.

I have a 1979 LP Deluxe, rare not only for being a Deluxe :eek: but possibly also in that is does sound really nice and plays great - it was my main gigging guitar before I fell into the wonders of PRS.

Love the flame on that ZM!

Hey, nothing wrong with a good LP! The biggest issue I have with LPs (and most F&G product for the last four decades) is the apparent inconsistency - a "keeper" is rarer than it should be.

I have a 1979 LP Deluxe, rare not only for being a Deluxe :eek: but possibly also in that is does sound really nice and plays great - it was my main gigging guitar before I fell into the wonders of PRS.

Love the flame on that ZM!

I really do believe I lucked out with the LP. I heard horror stories about them, but just HAD to try my luck, since I felt morally obligated to form my own opinion. The thing is flawless, and plays really, really well. I'm very impressed with it.

I hear, though...that the Bernie gives a LP a real run for it's money. Would love to find out!

And the ZM is such a beast! I feel guilty for liking it more than the S2s I've owned...but it really is a guitar that punches far above its weight class. A guitar at that price point should NOT be that perfect, according to conventional wisdom.

It bucks the system...and I dig that!!!

Love it!! Congratulations! ZM stands for Zen Marvel....

Back