Frustrating Intonation Issues On New 594

I am running into a bizarre situation trying to get my new 594 to intonate. With the low E and A string saddles all the way back, the fretted 12th note is still sharper than the harmonic or open string. I am using the flat/forward, sharp/back technique.

Am I nuts? Is there something I am not getting here? Is it possible that PRS made a guitar that I cannot intonate?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same issue with mine I'v had it for almost a year now. every note on my low E string is slightly sharp with the saddle all the way back tried flattening the neck hoping it'll slightly increase the string length but it didn't help it got to a point to where it made things worse. Because I had to raise the action a bit higher the more relief I took out of the neck otherwise I would have string buzz. Got to about 0.15mm of relief and I stoped and went back to 0.2mm with my action slightly bellow 2 mm on both the high and low E. So I don't want to cut the spring so I can move the saddle further back, so I'll try to flip the saddle and see if it helps.

I have a charvel guitar where it seemed like the low E only would not intonate unless the saddle spring was removed and the saddle was back against the bridge plate. Made no sense. Was given the advice to start over…set the saddle at 25.5 from the nut…and it intonated perfectly…as if initially, I went past the intonation point and just kept going..lol

You might try starting over by using s tape measure to set the saddle/ nut edge at the proper scale length for your guitar and go from there. Hope that helps.

I have a charvel guitar where it seemed like the low E only would not intonate unless the saddle spring was removed and the saddle was back against the bridge plate. Made no sense. Was given the advice to start over…set the saddle at 25.5 from the nut…and it intonated perfectly…as if initially, I went past the intonation point and just kept going..lol

You might try starting over by using s tape measure to set the saddle/ nut edge at the proper scale length for your guitar and go from there. Hope that helps.
So I just tried this, put my guitar on a stand and played the notes on my low E string and they were in tune like perfectly in tune which I truly thought was impossible on a guitar. Guess I still push a little too hard when I'm chording and I've been trying to work on that for a while and making very good progress with it too. But I will definitely try measuring out the distance between the saddle and the nut I'm a numbers guy and I obesses over them by nature. I'll see if I can find the specs on the PRS site. Thanks man

Back