Frost Blue vs Frost Green on S2

Gary_W

Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering ordering a Vela and my thread here last week didn't do anything to put me off!

I love bursts and consequently most of my guitars are in that kind of direction. I've been told not to conform to my normal behaviour by the ladies of the house so I'm considering frost blue or frost green.

I've no chance of seeing either colour locally and have exhausted all the shots I can find on Google - does anyone here have a frost blue or frost green S2 that they can post shots of please? If it's a Vela, all the better but I'd be glad of more shots of either colour to aid my decision. It's hard to see how they look as the shots out there seem to be in vastly differing lighting conditions and consequently even a pair of greens look very different!

Thanks

Gary

What Paul said but of the two Frost Blue is really nice IMO...I don't love the green on the S2...look at McCarty as well though...lol

I can’t post pics, but my metallic blue S2 looks much better in person than any picture I’ve ever seen. The metal flakes are very fine, so they don’t photograph well at all.

Hmmm, tough call. I think of mints when I see these guitars. I like spearmint more than peppermint so I’ll go with green!

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated :)

I’m still torn as I love the look of both. I’ve now watched YouTube videos that include guitars of both colours and, in both cases, they seem to look vastly different in differing lighting conditions as in ‘the brighter the light, the more towards silver they both go’. A tough call.....

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated :)

I’m still torn as I love the look of both. I’ve now watched YouTube videos that include guitars of both colours and, in both cases, they seem to look vastly different in differing lighting conditions as in ‘the brighter the light, the more towards silver they both go’. A tough call.....
Sergio's love of blue should break the tie in your mind. ;)

Sergio's love of blue should break the tie in your mind. ;)

o0IvZGE.jpg

95e5jvL.jpg

E67MH4S.jpg

KmHupMl.jpg

Sergio’s not the only one who loves blue ;)

Sorry, not a Vela, but none the less, frost blue. It’s a cool color because it looks different depending upon the light. It appears much lighter in bright light.

I think the green is cool too, though.

The guitar’s pretty, but I dig the room with the wall o’ books, and is that a special cabinet for guitars in the background, too?

Anyway, looks like an interesting space!

The guitar’s pretty, but I dig the room with the wall o’ books, and is that a special cabinet for guitars in the background, too?

Anyway, looks like an interesting space!

That’s my basement/man cave, Les. I’m an old fart; those are actually CDs; the book shelves are upstairs.

These are the guitar cases on each side of my TV (which is now an overhead).

Back