Fretboard Conditioner reccomendations

Add me to the fret doctor camp. Although the gorgomyte looks interesting. Might get a cloth and use it and save the fret doctor for when a board is overly dry.

I use Lizard Spit conditioner with orange oil.... I live in a dry climate and do it every few months... works great... smells great... a big thumbs up!

Last edited:
I found the dipstick under the trussrod cover. It was a ba@*&d to get out, but it was a good job I checked because it was empty!
It took about a quarter pint.

images

To be honest I like Gibson Fretboard conditioner best , doesn't smell , soaks in fast lasts along time.
I don't like anything that smells like lemons

Years ago I used "lemon oil"...i have since repented of my ways, and will not let ANYTHING with petroleum distillates touch my fretboards anymore. There may be other products, but I have had great success with Fret Doctor. I had a LP Special (2004 model, not a vintage guitar) that I picked up years ago that had a very ugly, dry fretboard...it really came to life after using Fret Doctor. Like a whole different piece of wood. Only once or twice a year application. Let it soak in. The wood will not take-in what it doesn't need. YMMV...

Back