Fret wear on USA PRS's?

I think a few members need to be less defensive/suspicious. We are only talking about guitars, not nuclear treaties. I also suggest they consider Aeetus' well thought out response and backup info.

And what is the point of dredging up a troll thread where the OP hasn't even visited the site in over 18 months?

I suggest re-reading the last line of post #5 and all of post #36 in this thread. Time has varified the notion.

Last edited:
So purely out of curiosity, I went and looked at the frets on my 2007 AP SC. This guitar is one of my 2 main players that I use most with my band live. I use heavy strings - 11-60, nickel wound. I've had that guitar pretty much exactly 2 years. While there is some wear, nothing remotely as bad as the indentations shown in the OP's pic. YMMV

The forum is a place to get info, ask questions and possibly solutions from those who have a lot of experience with something. I believe post #1 started out as just that. Post #5 took a quick turn and threaten to go with a different brand. There wasn't backlash and animosity prior to that post, just questions to the OP. What could've been a productive thread, turned out not to be because of the last line of post #5. Irrational post that will obviously draw defensiveness from this forum. Bottom line, if you have a service concern, contact PRS with the concern before spewing dumb comments on their forum. I don't want this to just be a fanboy forum either, we all want useful information here to help people out. I realize it's the interwebz, but if you handle things in a professional manner, you're more likely to good results. Act like a jackwagon and you'll be treated as such.

Frets wear,it's part of the guitar playing experience.They wear on Carvins,Fenders,Gibsons,musicmans etc etc....and on PRSs too.

Back