Fret too low, touching the wood - SE Cu24

godoy.rafa

I have a 2010 SE Cu24, and had the frets leveled once. I feel they are too low and I am touching too much wood when bending.
Do you guys like to feel the wood in the fingers, or do you prefer not touching it at all?
I'm thinking about putting some jumbo stainless steel frets!

I have a 2010 SE Cu24, and had the frets leveled once. I feel they are too low and I am touching too much wood when bending.
Do you guys like to feel the wood in the fingers, or do you prefer not touching it at all?
I'm thinking about putting some jumbo stainless steel frets!

Depends on whose guitar it is, mine or someone else's.

I don't touch the wood much when bending. My first indication that frets need dressing is that the upper frets dampen the strings when playing the worn frets.

I don't touch the wood much when bending. My first indication that frets need dressing is that the upper frets dampen the strings when playing the worn frets.

Had them leveled once, they do need to be leveled again in some areas. But this will make them get lower, so I'm thinking about replacing...

Wow 2 fret levels in 8 years you must play the hell out of that guitar !!!!
I've one had on fret job ever on a guitar and that was when I played CBS era fenders with 11s and a wound third for years

Wow 2 fret levels in 8 years you must play the hell out of that guitar !!!!
I've one had on fret job ever on a guitar and that was when I played CBS era fenders with 11s and a wound third for years

I think those SE frets are softer than regular...

Back