Fresh Squeezed Orange Tourmaline

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Well, now that Les' Northern Lights are shining tonight, it's time to wake up with some fresh squeezed Orange Tourmaline 20th. There was some serious stable rearranging to wrangle this girl in - thanks to Brian and Corey for everything! I had some major ga...-age when these were announced, but I really never seriously considered going for one - mostly because I wasn't in a position to do so financially, and I figured everyone would have already snatched them up.

So, when I hit Brian's web site on the 28th, and saw this amazing thing staring back at me, I called. I assumed that it was already on hold, or sold, but she was not. I was done. Let's just say that my basement is ALOT emptier now - so tonight I am blessed to be able to enjoy this:

DSC_2957_zpswtm5zpqg.jpg

DSC_2958_zps0omspshx.jpg

How does she sound? Read Les' review ;) Seriously, read Les' first impressions. He nailed it. Otherworldly sustain, all over, a throaty, fluid voice. Absolutely perfect playability. Marrying the 408Ns with the NF - genius.

I need alot more time with her (as I am sure Les does as well) but here's my overall take after a few hours: If PRSes were originally designed to straddle the line between Strats and Les Pauls, well, then, this 20th is a genuine organic MATING of a Strat and a Les Paul - not something engineered, or designed - but rather BORN. It's BRILLIANT - literally. Sounds corny, but that's my story. I am smitten...

Well, now that Les' Northern Lights are shining tonight, it's time to wake up with some fresh squeezed Orange Tourmaline 20th. There was some serious stable rearranging to wrangle this girl in - thanks to Brian and Corey for everything! I had some major ga...-age when these were announced, but I really never seriously considered going for one - mostly because I wasn't in a position to do so financially, and I figured everyone would have already snatched them up.

So, when I hit Brian's web site on the 28th, and saw this amazing thing staring back at me, I called. I assumed that it was already on hold, or sold, but she was not. I was done. Let's just say that my basement is ALOT emptier now - so tonight I am blessed to be able to enjoy this:

DSC_2957_zpswtm5zpqg.jpg

DSC_2958_zps0omspshx.jpg

How does she sound? Read Les' review ;) Seriously, read Les' first impressions. He nailed it. Otherworldly sustain, all over, a throaty, fluid voice. Absolutely perfect playability. Marrying the 408Ns with the NF - genius.

I need alot more time with her (as I am sure Les does as well) but here's my overall take after a few hours: If PRSes were originally designed to straddle the line between Strats and Les Pauls, well, then, this 20th is a genuine organic MATING of a Strat and a Les Paul - not something engineered, or designed - but rather BORN. It's BRILLIANT - literally. Sounds corny, but that's my story. I am smitten...

Wow, that is GORGEOUS!

You and I completely agree on this model. It's really stellar, and what you said about the mating of a Strat and LP is right on. The only thing I'll add is that the offspring has it goin' on even more than the parents do!

Anyway, superb guitar, gorgeousness, and great write-up.

Oh my! That's a sweet looking machine Carl. Congrats on a greats score. Terrific write up too.

Carl, that color is brilliant! Congrats! It was a big PS Friday here yesterday!

You guys make these things sound so awesome I'm 2nd guessing my PS decisions. lol.

Congrats. That orange looks incredible.

You guys make these things sound so awesome I'm 2nd guessing my PS decisions. lol.

Congrats. That orange looks incredible.

They are truly incredible, Rob. I've never played a guitar like this one.

Not saying you should make a switch, but might be a good idea to try one out.

They are truly incredible, Rob. I've never played a guitar like this one.

Not saying you should make a switch, but might be a good idea to try one out.
The guitar he spec'd out will be awesome so, I'm afraid he'll more likely be selling a body organ on the black market to get one of these. :D

Back