Freeway 6 way toggle switch

ProgRocker

I'm thinking of installing the Freeway 6 way toggle switch on my '93 SE24, to replace the rotary switching. Has anyone tried these out ? I love my CE, but I've always felt the rotary was a bad design.

One concern I have is whether it will fit properly and not look out of place, as I see a PRS as a work of art. If I did replace the rotary, it would have to look right. My other concern of course is if it's a quality product, works properly and deserves to be in a PRS.

Here's a piece from the description.
The Free-Way Ultra looks and operates exactly like the other models and, measuring 35mm in diameter, it is still very compact and retro-fittable into most guitars.

https://www.freewayswitch.com/products/

I have the six way in my SE with three Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbuckers. With push pull pots and the switch, I get a lot of different pup combinations, but I feel like I could use on off switches just as well.

I have the six way in my SE with three Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbuckers. With push pull pots and the switch, I get a lot of different pup combinations, but I feel like I could use on off switches just as well.

Sonic I was thinking the very same, adding PP Pots would really expand the combinations available.
How long have you had it installed and what is your overall opinion of the actual quality of the switch ?

I have one in my SCT just like the rotary it takes a bit of time to get used to as it switches in a kind of oval pattern, It feels solid and looks like a stock part.
You might be able to see in this pic how the travel in angled.
I have Miras pickups in this guitar sound killer

Rider that's a beauty. And yes it does look like a stock part, no way does it take away from the overall look of the guitar.

One thing the rotary is a 5 position selector, whereas the Freeway is 6. What do you suggest for the 6th position ? This is my current setup (5-Way Rotary - 1991-1995)

Thanks....
5wayrotary_91.gif

I like have both hum buckers as an option OR Neck single coil and bridge Humbucker

Rider that's a beauty. And yes it does look like a stock part, no way does it take away from the overall look of the guitar.

One thing the rotary is a 5 position selector, whereas the Freeway is 6. What do you suggest for the 6th position ? This is my current setup (5-Way Rotary - 1991-1995)

Thanks....
5wayrotary_91.gif
[/QUOTE]

I like have both hum buckers as an option OR Neck single coil and bridge Humbucker

Funny, those are the two I was thinking of. Probably more so the single coil neck and full bridge.
The Dragons in these CEs our beauties.

Back