Free DAW

dmatthews

Dave's not here
Tripped over this last night. Samplitude Pro X Silver with a free permanent license.

http://www.buzz99.com/download-magix-sampl...r-full-version/

Totally legit. It may not be your cup of tea, and it is 3 years old or so, but for free you can't lose. :D

Seems to run fine on Win 10 as well.

Samplitude Pro X is a powerful Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that can arrange, modify, edit, and mix audio for professional audio production. Like most of the advanced DAW available on the market, Samplitude Pro uses a customizable timeline to arrange audio and midi recordings.
Work with a fully customizable interface and experience a DAW tailored to your needs. The precision audio engine with 64-bit support, outstanding mastering quality plugins, 5.1 Surround mixing and its ability to be seamless integrated into your studio make Samplitude Pro X the most powerful audio workstations.

Enjoy!

I recently stumbled on a miniseries on YT where the guy uses Pro Tools First, he had several tracks but didn't mention whether he needed an additional license, etc. The impression was that he did not.

It's a great series BTW, "How to Mix a Song From Scratch" on the recordingrevolution channel. He carries forward a song from a project that he recorded on a very affordable rig (under $300 console I believe), and takes you from start to finish from levels, EQ, compression, delay and reverb, to final mastering. Very cool, I highly recommend it if you're new to home studio work as I am.

Anyways, will have to check out Pro Tools First and Samplitude. I have Ableton Live Lite, and dislike it. Limited number of tracks and confusing to someone inexperienced.

I recently stumbled on a miniseries on YT where the guy uses Pro Tools First, he had several tracks but didn't mention whether he needed an additional license, etc. The impression was that he did not.

It's a great series BTW, "How to Mix a Song From Scratch" on the recordingrevolution channel. He carries forward a song from a project that he recorded on a very affordable rig (under $300 console I believe), and takes you from start to finish from levels, EQ, compression, delay and reverb, to final mastering. Very cool, I highly recommend it if you're new to home studio work as I am.

Anyways, will have to check out Pro Tools First and Samplitude. I have Ableton Live Lite, and dislike it. Limited number of tracks and confusing to someone inexperienced.
Ableton Live is more confusing if you are used to a traditional mixing board but all of the elements are there ( just not in the places where you expect to see them!).

Nice! I think it's a 4 track recording limit though... no?
I believe it is 16 tracks.
4 inputs (simultaneous recording), 16 tracks in the mix.

Pro Tools First has a huge limitation for me: no local harddrive saving without an upgrade plan.

Please note that with Pro Tools | First, you can collaborate freely with anyone who invites you to work on a project, but you will need to purchase a cloud plan to initiate invitations and save projects on a local drive.

That is a huge deal breaker. I don't do clouds.

My psychic power is telling me ... this isn't for you.
yeah. And I'm OK with that, it just seems like such a back-breaking limitation for what they advertise as "the same tool as the Pros". Yeah, the same, as long as you don't mind not actually having a local copy of what you did. Kinda like buying a hammer "just like the pros" except you can't actually use it on nails.

yeah. And I'm OK with that, it just seems like such a back-breaking limitation for what they advertise as "the same tool as the Pros". Yeah, the same, as long as you don't mind not actually having a local copy of what you did. Kinda like buying a hammer "just like the pros" except you can't actually use it on nails.

Yeah, no local saved copy kinda sucks. Kinda, like really a lot.

Back