Fredrik Akesson Knobs

Bradley Gavel

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well, my buddy has a really nice FA SE with some odd looking knobs, I'm not familiar if these were stock or someone put them on, they kinda look like a knock off gibson top hat knob.

Also any tool or way to replace the knobs without damaging the guitar?

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well, my buddy has a really nice FA SE with some odd looking knobs, I'm not familiar if these were stock or someone put them on, they kinda look like a knock off gibson top hat knob.

Also any tool or way to replace the knobs without damaging the guitar?
No clue on the knob situation.

As far as removing them goes...
I always just use a shoe string. The flat type work great.

Yeah I figured this would be the nerdiest place to ask such a thing haha, a shoe string eh

The chrome top knobs were the stock spec, although for some reason not all shipped with them - mine for example shipped just with the black speed knobs that you’d normally find on an SE, and I think they look great.

The chrome top knobs were the stock spec, although for some reason not all shipped with them - mine for example shipped just with the black speed knobs that you’d normally find on an SE, and I think they look great.
Ah very nice, I bought it off kijiji and I'm no expert but I was a little surprised because I didn't think prs made those so I just assume they were a knock off or juts gibsons someone liked, and everyone I see on reverb has the speed knobs

Back