Freakin BOTS!!!

Dang, he got up to 60 now, and he has branched out to the Artists section as well.
Another spammer also on in the General section here.
They are relentless, and deserve to be boiled in oil.

Got to disable the user first so they can't make any more posts and then block their IP address.

We have the coolest moderators.... It's almost like this has turned in to a sniping competition,

"haha, got 5 more, come at me bro!"

Lol

Before Doom.

Before Halo.

There was...

games_marathon.jpg

Marathon

Were they on yesternight, or did they give us a break.
I did not see any around 12:30 am PST from home before I left for work.

Forum is running very slow as I type this, I suspect bots trying to get in.
There are currently 2739 users online. 9 members and 2730 guests

Notice it is down to around 120 online now.
I suspect earlier some were search engine bots cataloging the site, but the slowdown I saw was more likely the bad bots trying to hammer in past James kung fu.
Looks like they got their butts kicked, but with them on it slowed the server response down.

I just mercilessly killed a back link spammer.

All the more tasty because the back link was IOS malware.

Death to spammers.

I was looking at him when Corey PMed me letting me know he was in multiple threads. (Thanks, Corey! )

Do not hesitate to report suspect posts, or PM me directly.

Last edited:
You are welcome Ruger.
So the smilie pic he had, that was the back link that was trying to infect IOS devices?

Yeah, I had seen him post the last few days, and his text was always the same, so it got me suspicious.

Yeah, the smiley pic was a back link to a website that freezes an IOS browser with a message that your IOS is broken and a phone number to call (to pay) to fix it. Nothing else works in the browser app. No way to close the window or clear it or cookies or history.

I fixed mine by clearing my browser history in the general settings. Really pissed me off. So I nuked him with extreme prejudice.

Last edited:
Glad you fixed it.
I hate spammers.
I did report another one just like this one a few weeks back that was doing the same, and I got chastised for it, so I think I will just let you know in the future.

Back