Fralin PUPS for a SAS

Hollowbuddy

I plan to install a Fralin Unbucker on the neck and a High output on the bridge on my SAS :

I need some feedback from You, mates, who use this kind of pups ;)

Thanks,

Hb :geek:

The Fralin hot pickups are great, I just installed them in my ME1. 13.5 Bridge, 12.5 Neck. I also had Lindy use gold screws and raw nickel covers. They look just like the original RPs! The sound is on par with the 59/09 and DGT pickups.
I have used Unbuckers before, they are fantastic pickups. I thought I would use them for a another project, a hot rod Esquire, but Lindy talked me into trying the Hot. The guitar rocks.
It will be interesting to see what you think of the combo of the Hot with the Unbucker. I think the Unbucker in the neck is an excellent choice. You will probably get some nice split coil tones. Did you talk to Lindy about your plans?

I said Hot pickups, I meant High Output humbuckers... Yes, the Esquire project has a High Output humbucker in the Bridge.

Woundtight said:
The Fralin hot pickups are great, I just installed them in my ME1. 13.5 Bridge, 12.5 Neck. I also had Lindy use gold screws and raw nickel covers. They look just like the original RPs! The sound is on par with the 59/09 and DGT pickups.
I have used Unbuckers before, they are fantastic pickups. I thought I would use them for a another project, a hot rod Esquire, but Lindy talked me into trying the Hot. The guitar rocks.
It will be interesting to see what you think of the combo of the Hot with the Unbucker. I think the Unbucker in the neck is an excellent choice. You will probably get some nice split coil tones. Did you talk to Lindy about your plans?

Be sure to replace the middle pickup with a Fralin also ...

I have 5708s with a Fralin in the middle on my SAS, and am very pleased.

Woundtight said:
Did you talk to Lindy about your plans?

No, not yet, but I've listen to a video on Youtube by a guy using a such configuration.

Ok it was on a Les Paul Custom ... BUT the one with mapple neck : not really closed to the SAS for sure,

BUT the soundS were excellent !

Anyway thanks to all of you, mates, for the comments ;)

wilerty said:
Be sure to replace the middle pickup with a Fralin also ...

I have 5708s with a Fralin in the middle on my SAS, and am very pleased.

Yep, on the Fralin site , they suggest this too and choose a Hot vintage middle.

I've a such set on a 91 RI62 and I really love this set , so ...

Thanks for the info ;)

Back