Four Days in Apri

tiboy

We’re getting kicked out of our house for the first 4 days in April while our hardwood floors are refinished. Options are: Go to Atlantic City where we can get a free room for four nights. Stay local and pay for a hotel down the road and keep my routine sans electric guitar. Go someplace within a 4 hour drive of our NJ home and do whatever. Or, screw the virus concerns and go to Bermuda or some such place. I despise AC. I don’t gamble. Suggestions.

Bermuda mid 60's vs Key West upper 70's .... ;)
NJ & surrounding areas low 40's & 50's .... o_O

I would skip Atlantic City.
I’m not certain you can get somewhere sure to be warm in a 4 hour drive.
I would probably stay kind of local just in case the work needed some attention.

Do you have to move your stuff? or do the people doing the floors look after that? The wood on my main floor could use some work.

A day/night in AC is good, but four is a bit much for me.

Bermuda is quiet and beautiful. Horseshoe Bay is my happy place.

Vf5kBpp.jpg

I've never been to AC, but I'd go with the freeby.

A free room is a free room, right? Hell, Motel 6 is practically $100 a night, multiply that by four and it’s at least a set of 57/08’s. (I equate every purchase with something I’d rather have)

I’d go to Atlantic City or stay and supervise.

I’ve never been to Atlantic City but I like Bruce Springsteen. Just sayin.

I’ve never been to AC either! I straight-up abhor gambling (because I always lose) but love going to Reno and Vegas. I imagine AC has gotta sit somewhere between those to places, culturally?

I’d go to Atlantic City or stay and supervise.

I’ve never been to Atlantic City but I like Bruce Springsteen. Just sayin.

He doesn't live in Atlantic City. He lives in Rumson. My sis-in-law is from the area and knows him, so I'm pretty sure I have it right. It's about an hour and a half drive from Rumson to AC.

Put your makeup on fix your hair up pretty and meet me tonight in Atlantic City

Oh yeah!

:)

Everything started out all good but then turned to shyt with Bruce doing ‘a lil favor’ for some bad dude. As a teenager, I remember hoping that Bruce wouldnt get caught up in that badboy life, doing favors for a little bit of cash. I couldn’t see Bruce making it in a Godfather scenario. He wouldn’t survive.

Thank God he came back to the right side of the law with Born in the USA.

I’ve never been to AC either! I straight-up abhor gambling (because I always lose) but love going to Reno and Vegas. I imagine AC has gotta sit somewhere between those to places, culturally?

It's like Vegas light, but on the Jersey shore. So you got some gambling & entertainment, plus the famous boardwalk lined with cheesy shops and entertainment piers. Plus the beach. It's pretty fun actually, but it's a lot of hustle and bustle. Best visited via the Garden State Parkway with NJ natives for the full experience.

Oh yeah!

:)

Everything started out all good but then turned to shyt with Bruce doing ‘a lil favor’ for some bad dude. As a teenager, I remember hoping that Bruce wouldnt get caught up in that badboy life, doing favors for a little bit of cash. I couldn’t see Bruce making it in a Godfather scenario. He wouldn’t survive.

Thank God he came back to the right side of the law with Born in the USA.

Always loved this song. Recorded it ‘95 in the band I was in, the rhythm of the lyrics is just so unique!

Back