Four By Ten

Elvis Costello's band had one later in the late '70s (?). It was a sound, and it worked for the time. The Farfisa was worse. Question Mark and the Mysterious used one of those, as did Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs. I started out with a Hohner combo organ that actually sounded like a decent organ, but I lusted after the Vox.

Turned out that later, Zeppelin used a Hohner in concert. Who knew? I eventually gave that one to my nephew in the '90s. He never played it and when I asked about it, he said he threw it out. Kinda pissed me off.

I remember seeing The Animals at Olympia. Herman's Hermits, who I couldn't stand, opened for them and I was PO'd. How dare a mere bubblegum group open for the real deal Animals!! Harumpphhh!

Seems Peter Noone and Eric Burdon were pals, and liked touring together. But I was a purist (or so I thought)!
I think the organ sound on Time is Tight (to include the Blues Brothers movie version) or I’m a Man are just great. Chest Fever maybe… And there’s a couple early Zeppelin’s too.

I see that they are offering 10s in the California Tweed line. While the 4x10 is cream backs, the 1x10 is a Jensen. Am I wrong to want 4 Jensens?

I see that they are offering 10s in the California Tweed line. While the 4x10 is cream backs, the 1x10 is a Jensen. Am I wrong to want 4 Jensens?
Hell no you're not wrong!

I think your dealer can order one with 4 Jensens if you're so inclined. I haven't heard the ten inch Jensens, so I figured I'd go with stock.

Hell no you're not wrong!

I think your dealer can order one with 4 Jensens if you're so inclined. I haven't heard the ten inch Jensens, so I figured I'd go with stock.
I like my 2x12 jensens with the CT amp (the old cab that's apparently discontinued). I will have to hunt around to find some cabs to listen to.

Since Mesa has the black cab has the creambacks, one would think the tweed would be jensens?

I like my 2x12 jensens with the CT amp (the old cab that's apparently discontinued). I will have to hunt around to find some cabs to listen to.

Since Mesa has the black cab has the creambacks, one would think the tweed would be jensens?
Beats me. I had a 212 with the Jensen Blackbirds prior to the 410. I sold it because I planned to get a Grossmann silent cab. I was all excited about that. But I thought about it, and realized I like miking up amps in the room, and didn't really need to go silent cab.

But this cab wasn't made for any particular amp, such as the Fillmore. It's just in their general lineup. I didn't see one made for either the Fillmore or the Cali Tweed.

So I took a flyer and ordered the 410 without having a clue how it'd sound. I got lucky. Not the smartest way to buy a cab, but it worked out.

Back